[QOTW] QOTW Honorable Mentions, January 30, 2005

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Jan 30 09:54:00 EST 2005

Yet again, this week's Honorable Mentions are probably better than this
week's nominees.

"Thursdays without tea are like a long cold winter without Christmas."
-Roswell Thomas

"I feel like you two would have a natural advantage, because you're
taller." -Erin, Smith student, on playing Scrabble

"Man, I feel old--I always thought 16 was the best age, and it all just
went downhill from there.  Mostly because everyone on Dawson's Creek was
16 indefinitely." -Masha Shpolberg

"It would never work out.  She's a pop star, I'm an indie rock star.  It's
like gluing a jigsaw puzzle together." -Norris Wong, on his chances with
Michelle Branch

"[Gorbachev was] a cute little tyrant that everybody kind of loves!  Have
you ever heard anybody dissing Gorbachev?" -Ben Copans, on his favorite
Soviet leader

"Peter, your pesky facts are getting in the way of my panic." -Julian Hyde

"For such a great political theorist, Machiavelli made some pretty bad
political decisions." -Josh Haselkorn

"I'd like to thank the Leader of the Opposition, and call upon the
exceptionally short Member of Government for the third constructive speech
of this round..." -Chris Segal, anticipating judging Jon Bateman at
Swarthmore's upcoming debate tournament (QUOTER'S NOTE: I don't understand
this quote, but it seems like if I did, it'd be pretty funny.)

"Speedy has low self-esteem.  He needs a push to get him started, which
sometimes lasts several blocks." -Ben Orlin, on Ben Miller's car (QUOTER'S
NOTE: This is not actually what I said; this is what Micheline misheard me
as saying and submitted as a potential nominee. Her version is much
funnier.)

And, a pair of quotable conversations:

Olivia: "There are some voids even sex can't fill."
Julian: "Olivia, that's a theory I'd like to test.  Fetch me a void!"

Josh: "[My goblet is] completely unique, because no other one was screwed
up in the same way."
Orlin: "Like snowflakes!"

-QOTW Management