[QOTW] QOTW honorable mentions, January 9

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Jan 9 01:11:55 EST 2005

Dear QOTW HM members,

This is an e-mail for the more than extraordinary, those who go above and
beyond in their service to QOTW.  Those who fight for patriotism, and
never let it go.  You should all be proud of yourselves.  Go make your mom
a sandwich.

“We want you to make out with Jeff.” Micheline and Joanna, to Alex in unison

“Come in if you dare.” Mr. Riahi threatening Tanner with a chair in the
Dartmouth lobby, for being in Rachel instead of in Calculus

"They’re an important skill in our culture that consistently prefers speed
over quality." Mr. Harsanyi to students whining about IDs

“The women give birth at the same time in most peasant cultures... they
don’t go into heat or anything.” Mr. Conolly

“Firstly, I think that if I were a smoker I would light myself on fire.”
Becca, on why she doesn’t smoke

"I need a barrier between me and the world: without that fabric between me
and my pants I just feel so EXPOSED." Dewey, on thongs

“I’ve been a math genius since I was two.  I was tearing it up in
kindergarten.”  Mr. Sherry

Kate “ooo... I’m quoter!” Alper