[QOTW] QOTW Honorable Mentions, January 2

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Jan 2 09:36:43 EST 2005

"I want to tell her I like her hair, or something creepy like that."
-Norris Wong, asking for a girl's screen name

"I feel like I should change my underpants before midnight.  Because
they're from last year, you know?" -Roswell Thomas, on the evening of
January 1

"Lake Michigan... what a B-list mobster way to die." -Becca Thal

And since that's kind of a weak crop, here's a bonus: a merry bit of QOTW
dialogue.  In this AOL Instant Messenger scene, Ben Orlin and Roswell
Thomas are trying to scramble together enough quotes to fill this week's
email, just hours before it is to be sent out.  By breaking the "one quote
per person, per week" rule, they have accumulated nine, but they need one
more.

RebelCannonball: All right, I lifted one from you from this conversation,
meaning we've got ten if we include the two Folkmans.
rossveldt: Sweet!
rossveldt: An 11th hour quote! It's my dream come true!
RebelCannonball: And an honorable mention to spare!
RebelCannonball: Two HMs, if I take your underwear thing.
rossveldt: Hot cha!
rossveldt: I feel like the Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer of quote of the
week.
rossveldt: Ben Orlin comes to me Saturday night...
rossveldt: "I need more quotes"
rossveldt: and my ugly nose lights up, and there it goes!
rossveldt: Honorable mention to spare!

-Ben "gran cioppi" Orlin

P.S.:

rossveldt: [Honorable Mentions is] always needing padding.
RebelCannonball: Right.
RebelCannonball: I'm including your Rudolph speech.
rossveldt: Oh man!!!
rossveldt: That almost deserves another rudolphesque speech!