[QOTW] Honourable Mentions, 14 August 2005

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Aug 14 09:13:42 EDT 2005

Mentions that are subjectively honourable.

A deliveryman: You work for her?
Jenny O.: No, I live with her.
Deliveryman: But you have the same last name?
Jenny: Yes.
Deliveryman: How?
Jenny O.: She's my mother.
Deliveryman: Are you sure?

[Andrea]: I think I should go before I fall asleep on the keyboard. Which
would not bode well for the play.
[Elena]: Indeed, no.
[Andrea]: HERALD: Believe me, my love, when I tell you that I am perfectly
capable of handling my kingdom, and that I have done and will continue to
do so. aslkdjfo8sssss   sdflkjsdlkfj;slkj vwessssszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
[Andrea]: Et cetera.
[Elena]: You can't edit that out, either. Watch the actors try to
pronounce it.
[Andrea]: Oh, the poor seven-to-twelve year olds.

'You know what Pinocchio said to his wife? "We were made for each other!"'
-- Andrea's Uncle John

'It was the fastest, the biggest, and the bestest...' -- Andrea's father,
describing a boat

'It's not the destination, it's the journey... And the tunes.' -- Ben
Miller, on road trips

Andrea's Aunt Joy: Wait, why did we leave that hotel?
Andrea's father: Prostitution!
Andrea's Aunt Joy: Oh.

--Andrea 'I must down to the seas again' Lam*

*So, wait, is it 'phoenixes' or 'phoenices'?