[QOTW] QOTW Honorable Mentions, July 18

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Jul 18 11:20:22 EDT 2004

Okay, it's confession time: I didn't collect any quotes this week.  And
then I used the normal QOTW email to promote the Honorable Mentions email.
 But here's the funny part--I don't have any quotes for the HM email.  I
do, however, have some pretty exciting.

Thanks to a herculean 11th-hour effort from Alex George before he vanished
into a medieval mist of forests and mountains, QOTW plans to release a
book in September.  The book will be available for a modest purchase price
(QOTW will turn no profit), and will cover QOTW's first three seasons,
tracing the path from that 4-quote first week to the dramatic 32-vote
Season 3 finale.

On another note, although several people identified the two quotes from
the previous email which had been lifted from previous weeks, nobody was
able to give the weeks in which they had originally appeared.  The quotes
were Copans' and the Hotchkiss debater's.  But frankly, it's not worth my
trouble to go back and find their respective weeks.  If you're feeling
really motivated, you could  find them on www.qotw.net.

Honorable Mentions will return next week.  Thank you for your patience.
-QOTW Management