[QOTW] QOTW Honorable Mentions, August 8

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Aug 8 13:02:37 EDT 2004

"This is a 'Roswell Thomas in Ipswich! One night Only!' sort of deal. Then
I vanish into that great wilderness of analog phone lines and abundant
postcards, coastal Maine. On the Penobscot peninsula, you can't walk into
a middle-of-nowhere crap store without being confronted with scenic views
of wet rocks." -Roswell Thomas, on being back from Chicago for a day
before going to Maine

Yes, I confess, about half of this week's quotes come from one
conversation I had with Roz. What can I say? The summer is a time of
social isolation; you milk each conversation for all it's worth.

"We looked at a collegin matrix (which definitely sounds like a video
game... a disappointing video game) which looks like a very, very used
sponge close up." -Nora Rojas, on using an electron microscope

"I feel naked with my cars laid down." -Nathan, on playing Magic: The
Gathering

"That would've been romantic. Or maybe just inconvenient. There's a fine
line." -Ben Orlin, on the possibility of getting stuck in London overnight

And in utter violation of standards for voting secrecy, QOTW presents to
you Harry Alper?s fabulous ballot from last week (i.e., piece of evidence
#2 that Harry Alper is the ideal QOTW member):
"1. my hero, harry alper
2. my other hero, Christian the truck driver
3. my other, wait no nevermind, just ben miller"

-QOTW Management