[QOTW] QOTW Honorable Mentions, August 1

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Aug 1 00:44:41 EDT 2004

In this week's episode of Honorable Mentions, our heroes try helplessly to
compensate for quotes utterly lacking in context... let's listen in...

"A children's TV show skillfully combining math and nature, subtraction
operators and very large mammals, Minus and Moosey!" -Ben Miller.
(EDITORIAL NOTE: As far as we know, this quote has no context.  But as far
as we know, half of the things that Mr. Miller says could not possibly be
justified by any imaginable context.)

"You can go suck Nancy Reagan." -Becca Thal.  (EDITORIAL NOTE: No, I don't
get it either.)

"If you knew, you'd understand.  At first you'd probably be surprised,
then disgusted, then... I don't know, confused maybe, but with time it
sits with you better.  The disgust stage is not a fun one." -John
Oliverio, on some undisclosable piece of information (EDITORIAL NOTE:
Sources indicate that John is talking about some sort of red-haired
mail-order-bride conspiracy.)

"Those teeth are pretty big for 'not biting.'  If I had teeth like those,
I'd be biting stuff all over the place.  I'd quit my day job and bite
stuff full time.  I'd mix it up and bite unexpected things.  Like...
Senators.  Whoah!  You didn't see that coming!" -Julian Hyde (EDITORIAL
NOTE: Julian bites things all the time anyway.  The teeth he was
originally referring to do not exist.)

"Relationship Titration." -Jake Cohen, proposing a name for a game
(EDITORIAL NOTE: This quote represents a very common QOTW theme: the
application of the vocabulary and principles of chemistry to romantic
relationships.  Beyond that, this quote remains open to interpretation.)

With any luck, the Honorable Mentions will make more sense next week.  But
I wouldn't bet money on it.

-QOTW Management