[QOTW] Quotes Out!

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Sat Mar 7 13:05:24 EST 2020

Nobody leave the room!

Allow me to introduce myself.  I am Detective Christopher
Maffucci-Fitanides of the Scotland Yard.  I have arrived to investigate
the disappearance of this week's winning quote and no one is above
suspicion.  It could be Betty Smart, the mysterious Beacon Hill
socialite, or perhaps William Wharton, the wise old Rethics professor,
or Raphael Yamamoto, the wealthy Brazilian industrialist with a heart of
gold.

I will begin by investigating this week's quotes, meanwhile you all may
submit quotations and votes to qotw at qotw.net:

1. Mr. Conolly: We barely think about the origin of metaphors. Like
where do you guys think the phrase “I nailed it” comes from?
Alex K: Jesus?

2. “Uranium 235 is the good stuff! Oh no—is that going in Quote of the
Week?” —Mr. Wolff

3. “I think Mr. Perez has a celebrity crush on Eleanor of Aquitane.”
—Michael

4. “I like reading obituaries” —Mr. Wharton

5. “You can take the students out of senior spring, but you can’t take
senior spring out of the students.” —Nick Gabrieli

6. “I am completely fine with my narrow-minded, Cartesian worldview”
—Mr. Perez on the “deadly disease” of magical realism

7. “You could say, I like Bernie because I believe in healthcare for
all, or I like Biden because— actually, I don’t know why” —Ms. Grant

8. “I don’t want to make large generalizations based on race... but…”
—Alan, before saying God knows what

9. "As Jesus said: render unto Caesar as little as you can get away
with." -Milo Kron

10. Mr Wolff, introducing Nuclear power: So everything you’ve learned
this year is wrong.
Chris: So since I’ve learned a lot less than the rest of the class, does
that mean I’m actually ahead of everyone else?

Ahem, ahem.  I have determined the winner of last week's contest- it is
Milo Kron, with “Vacations for which you are not paid are called being
unemployed.”  As for the culprit, it was actually society's ills which
motivate the desperate to commit crimes.

Chris "No, I didn't self nominate" MF