[QOTW] State of The Quote Of The Week Union

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Sat Feb 8 16:43:47 EST 2020

Thank you! Thank you!  Thank you so much!

I have to tell you, this has been the best week for QOTW ever.  Really
tremendous.  We received about 4,000 submissions and some people are
saying we got over 300 votes.  4 months ago, when me and my
co-quotemaster Wilder (who is a really great guy, let me tell you) took
over, QOTW was in ruins.  The ruling elites of the past few terms had
completely ignored you people, and I was the only solution.  I have
already created 2 jobs and sent out almost 543 emails.  That is the best
record in the history of Commonwealth.  Meanwhile, last year, Emily only
sent out 7 emails.  Not so good.
This week, I would like to award the Quote Medal of Freedom to Ms Haber
for her quote about the Unitary Executive, who is really a very special
person, and who is on sabbatical now.  She easily beat Milo and Miles K
by about 3 million votes, despite what the no-talent fake media is
saying.

Also here tonight, (please give them a big round of applause everyone) ,
are the quotes of this week.  Thank you, please welcome:

1. Miles: “The Vatican should send a team to the Olympics”
   Milo: “But they are completely made up of … old clergy”
   Miles: “With a little divine intervention, anything’s possible!”

2. “Ewwwy.” —Mr. Letarte, responding to Romen’s Mitch McConnell quote

3. “It has to do with bondage- I mean, bonding.” —Thomas, trying to
explain chemical bonding and enthalpy

4. “What is the name on the one where you kill your spouse and then
yourself?” —Alan, on types of murder-suicides

5. “I’m right and everyone else is wrong, as per usual.” —Nick

6. Ben: "So how do we get the pipette tips to stay on?"
   Ms. Sundberg: "Wipe it several times vigorously and pray."

7. “Yeah, that makes sense. Every two generations or so people have to
be garbage.” —Anna, on the recurrence of the Klan

8. Zebras aren’t real- they’re just painted camels -Elias

9. “Very consumable. They're like animal popcorn.” —Anna, on bunnies and
the food chain

10. “Obama is an 80-year-old white guy” —Eric Liu

SEND QUOTES!
Please vote by 5 PM on Friday.  If we do half as good as the Iowa
Democrats we can get the email out sometime around Easter.

Chris "Sad about Mookie but not Price" MF