[QOTW] QUOTE OF THE YEAR 2011-2012, Doin' it Live Edition

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Wed Sep 12 10:15:41 EDT 2012

Greetings everyone, and welcome to the much-delayed quote of the year!
Please imagine yourself in our spacious school auditorium, which most
definitely isn’t also used as a cafeteria and a gym, for some grand
ceremony of sorts ––

Yeah, alright, let’s cut to the chase; we’ve already made you wait this
long.

Before we reveal the winner for the year, we’d like to thank you all
for subscribing! (Okay, apparently cutting to the chase meant Tahmid
posturing more.  Fortunately he’ll still be around quoting this coming
year, breaking the firmly-established two-junior tradition of exactly
two and a half years, and bringing you infinite antiquated references
about honor and dignity). We certainly had a great time delivering your
weekly dosage of concentrated humor (not from concentrate, nor from your
collective halfhearted chuckles and/or eyerolls) and hope you’ll pardon
all those extensions we took without exactly consulting you first.

Here are the stats for quote of the year:

MOST WINS: Alex the fencing coach (with a whopping two nonconsecutive
weeks)
MOST NOMINATIONS: Mr. Sherry
WILLIAM JENNINGS BRIAN AWARD (lowest nominations to wins ratio): Also
Mr. Sherry!
FRESHMAN UPSTART AWARD (most frequently quoted new 9): (Christo)pher
Gleason
MOST DILIGENT VOTER: Wish we knew.  Someone (probably Sophie) deleted
them all in some uncharacteristic fit of organizational madness.
LONGEST UNSANCTIONED “EXTENSION”: 170 hours
TYPOS: You should probably check with Curt Stone, heard he kept tabs
UNCENSORED COMPILATIONS: Not enough for your dirty minds
NUMBER OF TIMES TAHMID NARCISSISTICALLY SUBMITTED HIS OWN QUOTATIONS:
an inexcusable amount

And now, the moment you have been waiting for!
The winner for QUOTE OF THE YEAR is……

An inanimate object!  (Actually some professors in an office somewhere;
nobody ever reads the section of the intro which talks about them,
right?)

"A firm's income statement may be likened to a bikini--what it reveals
is interesting but what it conceals is vital," says the economics
textbook (which also happens to know a little something about what lies
under bikinis), in the context of being an economics textbook!  See,
aren’t these template-like statements useless?  And so are you, for
being so unfunny that you let the outsiders win!  :)

That’s all folks! Again, we had a wonderful time, and hopefully you did
too.  Thanks for helping us give humor through exams. Thank you for
being remarkable voters and submitters and making sure we didn’t have to
complain at you guys (*cough* Asa *cough*) to “Enjoy!  Vote!  Submit!”
and to “make Fetch happen.”

Thus marks the tyrannical reign of Bucci and Rahman, set to usher in
the enlightened absolutism of Rahman and McIsaac...

Thanks,
“T-Rex and La Bucc”