[QOTW] QOTW May 22, 2012

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Tue May 22 21:53:21 EDT 2012

Happy Tuesday once more!

Exams are coming! Soon! And while you all dread their arrival,
hopefully I can cheer you up with this great edition of quote of the
week. Aren't I just so amazing?

People, you should vote more often! Also, you should vote more often
for the things I say! But no seriously, I'm actually serious that you
should vote more frequently - it is your patriotic duty as citizens (or
wannabe citizens) of the United States! Voting regularly for quote of
the week is great practice for voting in real life.

But last week's winner was Ms. Brewster's quote, "Like Sesame Street,
this class is brought to you by the heavy clunking sound."

This week's submissions are:

I'll take him for you!  I'm a lesbian; that's the way this works.
- Sophie on Grace and JP's arm-wrestling competition

Anna M.(reading from the AP instructions): Please write today's date.
Today's date is May...
Asa: 17?
Anna M. : I agree, but it says "wackana"

"What would a Gaga counter do anyways?"
"Probably count the number of nonsensical syllables in a given song."
- Rachel F. and Eliza, respectively, after a classmate had
misinterpreted Geiger counters to be Gaga counters

"Can you hand that sweatshirt to me, I think it's Thomas's" -Helen
"Ok" -Gabriel Seltzer (handing the sweatshirt)
"Thanks" - Helen
(smells the sweatshirt)
"Yup, it's Thomas's" -Helen

"I think Asa's the only one who can dive after a Frisbee, crash into a
tree, and still look graceful doing it. It's like watching a swan
crash."
~Nayab

"You broke your f-ing foot!"
"As opposed to her regular foot?"
-Nayab and Feyga, respectively, about Lydia's foot

"You're never going to get a cat to work at a coffin company"
- Mr. Clifford

"Whoa man, my 4 has so much swag."
-Simon, doing calculus

"That should be an airport slogan: Keep calm with a carry-on."
-Simon

"Commonwealth students couldn't find sticks in the forest if they were
labelled!"
- Ms. Bluestein at Hancock

Follow thy five commandments:
Thou shall not quote thyself.
Thou must vote (Click this link - its very simple!
http://www.qotw.net/voting.php or vote by replying directly to this
e-mail! )
Thou shall not let personal prejudices influence thy voting.
Thou shall submit quotes.
Thou shall enjoy quote of the week!

Tahmid "the Moses" Rahman