[QOTW] Quote of the Week, May 2nd

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Wed May 2 22:32:48 EDT 2012

Sorry this is so late, all!  It's belatedness means I won't write much,
but the winner from two weeks ago was Asa, when he said:

"That sounds delicious! [confused look from Mark] I wouldn't eat it! It
sounds immoral...and delicious!" -Asa, on a ham and bacon grilled cheese

In second place was Mr. Sherry on deficit spending.  Votes were evenly
distributed otherwise, and I even got one for my signature (which I
suppose, technically, was in quotation marks... Quotation marks does not
a quotation make, people!).  We did not choose a winner for Shaira week,
but hope that it was memorable for you.  Here are this week's quotes;
submit more at http://www.qotw.net/submit.php.

"Mao stopped...dropped his roll as Chairman of the People's Republic of
China."
-Ms. Budding

Mr. Clifford: What do you think of when you see ions?
Alex: Chemistry...

"Do NOT bring your soft fuzzy things to the AP just to make you feel
cozy and happy..." - Mr Davis

"And, Mark Swanson? ... Is not going to college."
- Mr. Wharton

"After me, come on, go after me.  I'll pay you.  Look, it's so close."
- Tahmid, bating Molly in Ninja

"I'm going to be a junior next year... I'm older than Drake and Josh!"
- Colin, on growing up

"Well, there was this one part where I want to duct-tape Anika!"
- Tricia, on Company rehearsals

"Asa knows everything but no one knows anything about him. He's like
Google!"
-Emma S

"In the 1940's...the honey badgers were on the march."
-Nayab in a very odd discussion about how the freshmen class would take
over the world

"Your song makes me think of incest...I mean incense! Incense!"~Alexis
(about a dance solo)

Cast your votes for best quotes at http://www.qotw.net/voting.php and,
if you're a junior, cast your votes for Tahmid or I to be your board
representatives at tomorrow's extended class meetings!  That uncensored
email we promised is still in the works/will probably be delivered after
AP week, and to make sure you get it, please subscribe by writing this
dudette: honorablementions-subscribe at qotw.net.  And for goodness sakes,
please submit -- we all need laughs as we stumble around filling in the
bubbles.

Sophie "shameless self-promotion" Bucci