[QOTW] Quote of the Week February 21 2012

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Tue Feb 21 20:27:39 EST 2012

Dear Readers,

    Quote of the week is not in fact dead! It was merely hibernating,
like a bear. Only it woke up sooner. And it doesn't have lots of fur and
claws. And its not ferocious and going to eat you. Oh I give up... what,
you think you'd do a better job? Its not easy making "bery" funny bear
jokes, you know.

    Anyway, the last winner (notice I didn't say last week's winner) was
Asa after he left a poor commonwealth soul lost in the middle of their
sentence with "well, it's Tuesday, so I'm going to go to math team now.
Have fun with the rest of your sentence!"

    And quotes? Yes we have had many submissions these past two weeks!
To make it up to you for not having received a quote of the week last
sunday, you all will get the best quotes from both the weeks! Isn't this
exciting?

And drumroll please! These week's quotes are:

"I can carry a baby in my tummy and you can't!"
"Says who?"
- Emma and Pher

"Friendship is magic... Sex is science."
- Pher

"How is that even a thing?!? How did we get to the point where we're
just like, 'Something just came out of me, I think I'll love it now?'
I'd be like 'What the heck, that hurt, get away from me!'"
-Lexie, on parental attachment

Ms. Brewster:"Eva, can you lead us through the last passage."
[Bell rings]
Eva: "Whew. Saved by the bell!"
Brewster:"Nope.

Andrew: "[That radio] has weird flashing lights"
Mr. Conoly: "The aliens are taking over - put your money on the piano."

"Homework doesn't exist until three days after it's due!"
- Molly

"Hey! Sam! I know where you live! Okay bye."
- Pher, totally out of the blue

"Don't you ever go to Taco Bell and wonder why the tacos are 50 cents?"
- Mr. Clifford

"Can you look up there in the middle of nowhere? That's Epidamnos...
not to be mean to Epidamnos, but it's totally insignificant.
- Ms. Budding, referring to a map

"Well when a leading strand and a lagging strand love each other very
much..."
-Lexie, on why DNA replicates

Ms. Folkman: Ugly as a louse is what that means. What is the equivalent
in English? Ugly as sin?
Skye: Butt-ugly?
Ms. Folkman (translated): But there are some very beautiful butts!

Zoe while reading a giant interpretive photo book: Oh!
Julia: Did you have an epiphany?
Zoe: No, I got a paper cut.

"It's this horrible thing in the middle of New Jersey that just sucks
time from...everyone!"
-Mr. Paul, referring to the college board in class meeting

Mr. Sherry: All [the Republican candidates] have trusted economists
working for them.
Dylan: So then were there economists in favor of the 9-9-9 plan?
Mr. Sherry: Well, when I said 'all Republican candidates,' I meant Mitt
Romney.

"I got two girls' numbers!"
"Let me guess, Ms. Budding and Ms. Haber?"
- Nick and Keller on picking up girls at Model UN

"Order! Order in the classroom!"
"I would like a large order of fries..."
- Janetta and Steven during a class

There you go. And remember, Enjoy. Vote. Submit.
If you're too lazy to submit yourself, then you can just tell the quote
to either me or Sophie. BUT we do have this spectacular link
http://www.qotw.net/submit.php that you can click!

Vote by replying directly to this e-mail. Instructions for voting are
somewhere, but I forget the link. Anyway, just make a list of your top
picks (the first being your very favorite, and so on). Sophie and I both
encourage you to send lovely little messages with your votes!

And if you haven't done so, subscribe to the Honorable Mentions emails,
which will come at most within a week from now! Subscribe by sending an
email to this address: honorablementions-subscribe at qotw.net

And once again, remember: Enjoy. Vote. Submit.
Tahmid "all hail the tyrannical deity in my life named homework" Rahman