[QOTW] Quote of the Week, Jan. 16

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Sun Jan 16 01:25:12 EST 2011

Welcome to this rather minimal exam-weekend edition of Quote of the
Week, in which I barely write anything because I need to get back to my
history studying.

Last week's winner was Caleb M-B, who exclaimed, in
the throes of a musical argument:

" 'It doesn't sound pretty'... It's
not supposed to sound pretty! It's jazz!"

Due to the snow day on
Wednesday and the beginning of exams on Friday (it's very hard to be
witty and overheard when you can't talk), we have very few submissions -
here they are.

"I know, right? I'll be talking to an Italian on the
phone and when I meet them in person I say 'Whoa, who are you? 'cause
you're definitely not that sexy guy I was talking to on the phone
yesterday...' "
- Kailash, riffing on the statement that "Italians
aren't hot but sound hot"

"He's gone to Guitar Center? Oh, no, we'll
never see him again..."
- Shaul, on being told where Kailash was

"I put
the creative in pancreas."
- Alex G.

Ariella: "What should we do to
prepare for the exam?"
Mr. Davis: "I suggest you run around the block
once every hour. This will increase your circulation, including the
circulation to your brain."

"Wait... so you can just buy genes in a
vial?! But then... why can't people just make stuff, like, all the
time?"
- Layla

There they are - few in number and somewhat passable in
humor. Vote on them by replying with a list of your favorite
however-many-you-like.

QOTW will, most likely, return to its usual
service (greater amounts of similarly vaguely humorous material,
punctuated by occasional gems) once we return for the third quarter in
February. Until then: submit and enjoy.
[Obligatory mention of the fact
that you can sign up for the Honorable Mentions email by sending a
message to honorablementions-subscribe at qotw.net.]

- Asa "oh, right,
making flashcards does in fact take a significant amount of time"
Goodwillie