[QOTW] Quote of the Week, Oct. 31st

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Sun Oct 31 02:10:03 EDT 2010

Hello! I hope you're all enjoying your quarter breaks - those of you
still at Commonwealth, anyway.

Last week's winner was, well, impossible
to determine, because a couple of people who didn't specify which of
Allie's entries they were voting for. When someone has two quotations in
the running, specify by topic of quotation which one you mean! Anyhow,
the most likely winner was:
Talia L.: "Alex, not every liquid in the
world is vodka."
Ms. Jackman: "It is if you're Russian."
- On Alex D.-I.
mistaking vinegar for vodka in an experiment

but there's a twenty-five
percent chance that it was actually:
"What! I could invent six games
more boring than Monopoly right here, right now. Okay, number one. Push
a stick."
- Allie R.

Vodka and Monopoly? The voters must be in a
things-with-which-to-pass-the-time-on-long-winter-evenings mood.

This
week's choices:

"The only thing more likely to die than a dog in a book
is a mother in a Disney movie."
- Ms. Haber

"I don't listen to music so
I can't really say... What I can tell you is that most of the song
titles are double- no, scratch that, single entendres. So I think
mainstream."
- Rui, when asked what kind of music was on the dance
tape

(during set-up for Halloween Dance:)
Ben: "You guys, our duct tape
is missing..."
Tech Crew (en masse and in several different tones):
"Ffffffuuuuuu-!"

"It's so _nice_ outside today!"
- Danny M.,
volunteering his contribution to class meeting

Tricia: "He didn't talk
about chemistry last year, he talked about his trip to Israel!"
Shaul:
"Which is sort of like chemistr- wait, I mean..."

"That necklace is so
distracting. It's like five radios."
- Mr. Davis on Alina's
necklace

"You know places in medieval history because we're bombing
them."
- Ms. Grant

"So I learned something interesting about the number
four: there are four days until the deadline for senior pages. Also,
only four seniors have submitted their pages!"
- Josh N.

"If anyone
else would like to get applauded, find me and I'll drop some food on the
floor for you to pick up."
- Mr. Sherry

"I'm on a lot of cold medicine
and that was a lot of algebra, so let's check that our answer is
dimensionally correct."
- Ms. Cyrier

Please vote! If you're over
eighteen, it'll be great practice for Tuesday's Real Big Actual
Election. If you're younger than that, vote anyway. It'll make us
happy.
Vote by replying to this email with anywhere from your one
favorite quotation to all ten ranked. Further instructions here:
http://www.qotw.net/voting.php

Also, submit! This week we'll only have
two days of school, so it's extra important that you remember that
things you hear outside of school are fair game as well, as long as
they're things heard in person, not said by a celebrity. Submit using
this really very helpful submission tool:
http://www.qotw.net/submit.php

If you haven't already, consider signing
up for the Honorable Mentions email list, which is sent out every few
weeks once we've built up a few overflow submissions not used in the
regular email. Do so by sending an email to
honorablementions-subscribe at qotw.net

Enjoy, vote, submit, rinse, and
repeat.
- Asa "so basically it turns out presents, gender, and
attraction are all the same" Goodwillie