[QOTW] Quote of the Week, Nov. 28th

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Sun Nov 28 18:52:27 EST 2010

Hello! I'm terribly sorry this is late and a bit short on quotations
- the latter probably has something to do with the half-week we had, and
the former with me just losing track of things over Thanksgiving
weekend. (Speaking of Thanksgiving weekends, I hope you've all had
lovely ones.)

Last week's winner was Larry, with this little gem of
brutal advice to a student on improving her drawing:
"Imagine
impulsiveness was a cat. And then call it over here -- here, kitty,
kitty -- and shoot it."

BANG!

Now, here are this week's submissions.
Vote on them! Reply to this email with your favorites, listed according
to this helpful document: http://www.qotw.net/voting.php

"I looked over
their tests, then their textbook. The answers were straight from the
reading! I don't see the point of them being in that class but it keeps
them off of the streets...."
- Ms. Budding, on her own children's
classes

"You! How is it that you can take any art medium, poke it for
two seconds, and have it turn into a huge freaking dragon?! Clay, paper,
cardboard, computers..."
" 'Mom, I poked my computer for two seconds and
it turned into a dragon!' "
" '...Again!' "
- the fencing team, on a pot
lid with a dragon on it created by Rui

"There are two kinds of people
in the world: those who like Legos, and facsists!"
- Mark S.

"
'Flanting'?! I think we should make that a word. What should we have it
mean? How about 'sexual parts made of aluminum and steel'?"
- Mr.
Davis

"No barnyard animals! Only problem sets!"
- Ms. Wasilewski

"So
what do you do? You make sure the heroin lasts your whole lifetime!"
-
Mr. Conolly, taking the principle of greatest happiness to its logical
conclusion

There you go, then. Enjoy. Vote. Please?
Submit, too. Bother
me and Shaul when you hear funny things, if you must, but we do have
this lovely submission tool: http://www.qotw.net/submit.php

Also,
consider subscribing to the Honorable Mentions emails, which get sent
out periodically when we accumulate a substantial surplus of unused
submissions. Subscribe by sending an email to this address:
honorablementions-subscribe at qotw.net

That's it, then. Regular, on-time
service will resume next week, provided Shaul isn't as spacey as I.
-
Asa "no, I didn't eat any T- no, no, really, I- no! no Tofurkey! I do
not like Tofurkey!" Goodwillie