[QOTW] Quote of the Week, 11/7

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Sun Nov 7 15:02:21 EST 2010

Dear various consciousnesses,
	We have sufficient submissions today! That’s funny because even
though we have enough that was because we had to ask people to submit
quotes who would not submit them otherwise (I am one of these people,
sadly. I’m too self-conscious about my own humor). So while we are
going through a nice phase in QOTW this beginning-of-the-year, we hope
you can keep it up! The winner last week’s QOTW was Mrs. Grant, saying
“You know places in medieval history because we're bombing them.” This,
of course is false because I was never able to remember any medieval
cities, dates, people, or events (Mrs. Grant can confirm this) while
I’m quite aware of modern news. You can submit your own quotes at
http://qotw.net/submit/php because you’ve already done it for a few
weeks and stopping now means you’re a quitter.

This week’s quotes, whose style and punctuation I’m not going to
reformat because I’m five hours late again, are:

(Norton and Emma B-W reading the book Half-Asian, 100% Huppa)
Jon: "How come there is a book only about Half-Asians. That's so
racist. Why aren't there books for all ethnicities. Where's the book
about Jews?"
Norton: (pulling out the book called "Auschwitz") "There's your book
of Jews."
[To avoid misunderstanding this conversation: There is a
cupboard-sized nook by the landing with three walls made of
bookshelves, about Rome/Greece, Ethnicity/Identity, and Hitler. Very
odd mix.]

"I thought that sound was a dripping faucet, but now I can tell it's
your little heart beating."
-Larry, on Jon's excitement for Project Month

"Nowadays people hit way more deer. You might think that this is
because there were no cars back then, but actually it is because there
are no coyotes now."
-Mr. Sherry, on a calc problem about caribou and wolf populations

Larry: play something for me
Ben:  it's not attached to anything, im just practicing fingering
Larry: how do you know its right if you can't hear anything
Ben: i'm just assuming it is
Larry: well that's a little bit cocky, ill leave you to your greatness

"She's not a lesbian, she's just angry at the world. Got a bone to
pick with society."
-Commonwealth student on another Commonwealth student

"This is the medium that spurs romance between fungi!"
-Mr. Clifford during an experiment

Josh Nadel: (on Jimmy who works at Finagle a Bagel) "I was
getting...vibes."
Marielle: "Josh, you would get vibes from an octopus."

Mr. Clifford: "Can someone give me a definition for meiosis?"
Joon: "Sexual mitosis?"
Mr. Clifford: "Sure...Kind of like sexual chocolate."

Mr. Clifford: (on sexual reproduction) "Now, as we all know it takes
more than one of us to do this."
Joon: "Three!"

"A lung is the perfect place to grow vegetables" -Simon

Everything so far is going all right, so keep on doing what you’re
doing, unless you aren’t doing anything, meaning that you should maybe
submit quotes! Even if you are submitting, you should also consider
voting, at http://qotw.net/voting.php. I don’t remember if we ever