[QOTW] Quote of the Week, May 2

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Sun May 2 10:42:35 EDT 2010

Dear quoters,
	Congratulations! This is the longest streak of sufficient quotes we've
had this year. Two whole weeks! This is amazing! I'd get a camera to the
monitor, but then I remember that this is the Internet and I can not only
just take a screenshot, but I can probably make whatever theory explaining
this on some blog, regardless of how strange and/or obscene it is. The
theory involves Mr. Davis being the puppet master of all quoters and all
things funny come from his mind. Which would not be surprising. Even less
so is the result from last week's votes: Mr. Davis! You should give him a
congratulatory grasshopper, but keep a close eye on him afterwards. You can
submit your own quotes by replying to this message or going onto
http://qotw.net/submit, and earn your moment of fame by winning the best
quote of the week, and then go on to best the entire year's quotes. If you
want your shady friends from across town to read your quotes just tell them
to subscribe as well, also conveniently placed on
http://qotw.net/subscribe.php and if you want to tell them to make your
quote better than the rest, just tell them to go onto
http://qotw.net/voting.php and to follow the instructions.
Quotes this week are:

"For the past five minutes you've been trying to get us to say naked!?"
--Asa, talking to Mr Davis

"No more appendages near Gautam. An end to the appendage harassment."
--Mr. Whelan

"I know exactly where I'll be, since I have my grave plot all picked out."
--Mr. Davis, in response to the lunchtable prompt "Where will you be in
10-15 years?"

"At my Jewish Day School there was man tension between the kids whose
dad's were doctors and the kids whose dad's were lawyers."
--Josh Nadel

"So if a cow is living in the wild and... milks itself into a bucket
somehow, -that- would be vegan."
--Gabe Murchison

"Star Trek also has the first gay kiss on television: also under alien
influence. They're always willing to be right on the edge—but not over it.
But we can talk about that later, because I have a big theory about Star
Trek and homosexuality."
--Ms. Haber, reviewing the '60s

"There will be no AP question that asks: 'What was the stain on Monica
Lewinsky's blue dress? A: A McFlurry...'"
--Ms. Haber

"Getting one's driver's license is important. It's very different before
and afterwards. It's kind of like- no, I shouldn't say that..."
--Mr. Vollrath (a loose translation to English)

"I've had as many breasts in the sixth grade as I do now."
--Emma B.W.

"Football shouldn't be called football ... it should be called War Ball.
Or Violence Ball. Or Modern Gladiator Games."
--Mr. Conolly

	Remember, voting ends at 5:00 PM on Friday, and please, -please- keep the
submissions coming! We’ve had a very fun two weeks not having to yell at
people, and we hope to make it at -least- three weeks. And by that I mean
indefinitely. Or at least until September, when it’s not our problem
anymore. If you can read this and you aren’t subscribed to Honorable
Mentions, you can do it by following the instructions in the first
paragraph. If you can read this and you aren’t subscribed to QOTW,
then…err…what? You can do the same thing on the link provided.

--Shaul "The 'it's dark outside, but I’m out of iced tea' dilemma" Vin