[QOTW] QOTW for the Week of September 5, 2009

qotw at qotw.net qotw at qotw.net
Wed Sep 9 19:46:01 EDT 2009

Hello, friends and foes alike,

While clearing out spam from the past three months, I have taken the
liberty of commandeering QOTW for this week.  Hahaha!  Clearly you can
tell that there has been a takeover!  I mean, unlike before, I'm not even
getting this email out on...oh, wait.  Never mind.

Fear not: Freshman Man 2-dan gave me permission.  Thus, taking a leaf out
of the book of Leek, this shall be the "spam edition" of QOTW.  Hopefully
not taking another leaf out of the book of Leek, QOTW won't die.

And so, on with business.

Last...well, some time ago, Ned Carson won with his quote of "It's like an
Etch-a-Sketch at a million miles an hour," but Ms. Budding was a close
second.  One certain subscriber noted that this is, in fact, not how a
television works at all.  A committee is going to form to decide on the
validity and/or metaphorical integrity of this statement.

But I digress.  The quotes:

"If a woman walked up to you in a mosque and talked to you and you
couldn't see her face, wouldn't that thought at least cross your
mind?"-Joe, in defense of a romantic reading of a scene between two
characters in A Passage to India

"I'd have the coolest kids if I could reproduce asexually..." -Simon

"At first, I didn't realize that Shrek spoke with a Scottish accent.  I
just thought it was a Shrek accent.  Then I met a Scottish person, and I
was like, 'Why are you talking like Shrek?'  And he was really
offended."-Allie Rosenthal

"This is not molarity with a speech impediment."-Ms. Jackman, about molality

"There's really nothing better than old drunken Japanese men, is
there?"--Ms Grant

"Yeah, so I talk to the doctor, be like 'yeah, I'm dying', which I
do..."--Russell

"Don't worry: the attached assignment sheet on the Russian Revolutions of
1917  is not an attempt to recruit you for MEH while you are still in 9th
grade. " -Ms. Budding

"Yeah, so when Ryan Toppin came in this morning, she said, 'You must be
proposing to someone, Ms. Mechaber, with all those lovely flowers!' And I
said, 'Yes, I'm all ready to get married, because I have my potatoes!'"
-Ms. Mechaber, making a valiant effort to segue from a Bio 1 student's
compliment about some flowers on her desk to a lesson about asexual
reproduction in plants

"Asa, your pants are too tight for love." Kate Potter to Asa Goodwillie,
concluding a conversation about "love in the genes/jeans"

"w8pouhatp1qq2kn9" --Some bot trying to be cool by submitting to QOTW.

You too can submit by sending an email to qotw at qotw.net or by submitting
online at http://www.qotw.net/submit.php.  It is also highly recommended
that you subscribe to Honorable Mentions, which can be done by sending an
email to honorablementions-subscribe at qotw.net.

Finally, remember: voting ends.

- ""