[QOTW] QOTW for the Week of September 21, 2008

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Mon Sep 29 13:54:27 EDT 2008

Hullo!
Hancock has drawn to an end, and it was indeed fun. I really should
have sent this out before it began, but ah well, what can you do? The
winner last week was Mr. Sherry, who said, ""And now we multiply by
the irrational conjugate, also known as 'sex in an insane asylum'..."
Anyway, I'd really appreciate some Hancock-Based submissions, because
I myself can only pick up so many humorous quotes. Thus, I hope you
can try to think back to last week and remember some of these
fantastic quotes:

"Wow, it's sexual AND biblical"
-Robin Hansel

"I may be building bridges out of mole bridges, but..."
-Caleb Weinreb, making a stretch during English class.

"Well we all know *that's* the kiss of death."
-Mr. Davis referring to Zoe Ovans comparing a character to her mother.

"So yeah, you can watch Ned juggle OJ, and Gautam and Danny do...
something together onstage, but that's about it."
-Stuart, on the Hancock Talent Show

"You have plenty of friends, they just hate you."
-Eli Kohlenberg

"*What* did I just hear about nipples!?"
-Will Sanna

"OK, full disclosure... he walks around eating cherry Popsicles in his
underwear."
-Ms. Bardsley (on her husband)

"And when my acquaintances  say, 'Hannah, you're so gay,' I say,
'Dude, how did you KNOW?!'"
-Hannah K-H

"What do you know about alcohol? I mean, stuff that's suitable for
public consumption."
-Ms. Jackman

"So why are your senior grades a little bit down from last year?
Well, nothing gold can stay."
-Joe Taff, referencing a Frost poem and brainstorming ideas of how to
make Ms. Dale's English 12 class into a skit for the Hancock talent show

And there you have it. Remember to vote and submit in one of the many,
many options you have, including the website tools, and simply
replying to this email. I'm going to start announcing the winning
quote of QOTW at announcements every Tuesday (Wednesday this week, but
still), and I hope that'll generate some more followers and more votes/
submissions.

Hope y'all had fun,
Dan "Head Priest of the Church of the Holy Chicken" Fries