[QOTW] QOTW for the Week of September 7, 2008

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Sun Sep 14 09:31:11 EDT 2008

Oy!
The QOTW for last week was weak. Despite this, plenty of people
eagerly voted, and the winner was Ms. Wasilewski. It's impressive that
in her first week at the school, she's won QOTW already. If you've
forgotten, she said "The book has a motorcycle on it, because...
that's what Algebra's all about." Now for this week's quotes!
Here they are:

"It's good you're not going to hug me, because my nipple hurts."
-Ian Strickman

"I'm not going to actually solve that because I'm sure it works out
and I'm sure it's a complete waste of our time."
-Mr. Sherry, when confronted by a particularly ugly equation.

"There was a little boy who kept playing with his train.  I said it
was clean-up time, so clean-up.  He said no. So I bit him."
-Mr. Wharton giving a speech at announcements

"Intimate contact is not permitted inside the school or on school
grounds. There are... bushes on the Esplanade."
-Mr. Wharton giving the same speech

"I don't like watching republicans on TV. They scare me." -Aurelie

"That's funny, we won't get into that."
-Ms. Jackman, regarding the fact that Morgen's mother thinks ED is
"made up to sell drugs."

"All your calculus are belong to us!!! You have no chance to survive
make your time."
-Scrawled on the board in 1A

"You can't divide by zero! Dividing by zero is like dividing by
applesauce!"
-Michael Behr

"Wait, Grateful Dead, is that a band?"
-Danny Moraff

"Do you ever dress like a normal person?"
-Josh Nadel to Gabby Dinkin

Mr. Wharton's speech seemed to have been enjoyed by all, and there are
two quotes from it. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to include a snippet
of conversation I overheard on the bus, as I didn't know those
involved. The woman said "Did you ever tell them where you buried
their cat?" Yeah. It was weird. Anyways, I'd like to thank everyone
who submitted, because when you submit, I have to do less work. You
can submit quotes by emailing them to this very email address, or by
using the "Submit" tool on www.QOTW.net. Lasty, everyone vote! Voting
can be accomplished by replying to this email with any number of your
top choices, in order. I hope everyone's had a great first 5.16% of
school, and is looking forward to the rest!

Au revoir,
Dan "Cruel Kindly Woodchucker" Fries