[QOTW] QOTW for the Week of November 2, 2008

QOTW qotw at qotw.net
Mon Nov 10 18:41:04 EST 2008

Well.
This is late. I'm sorry. Truly I am. I tried, but in vain to get this
thing out on time. There were just too many quotes. You people are too
funny (don't stop though, this is great). All the submissions were
*awesome* and I'm sorry if I didn't include one you particularly
liked. Last week, Peter Hall said "What you gonna do with all that
junk? All that junk inside your function?" while interpreting the
chain rule. Apparently it was really funny. Please vote on the
following quotes for next week:

"Happy Feet is not science!"
-Morgen Chalmiers

"I feel like a bathroom stall."
-Nolan Epstein, while being doodled on

"They're moving in carnal harmony. Wait, that sounds like sex."
-Ned Carson, on a physics problem involving a fish being eaten by
another fish.

"If you get behind, you're screwed."
-Ms. Bardsley to on of her US history classes

"I just thought of how cool it would be to sleep in a coffin.  I guess
that's not a good thought to have."
-Mario Alvarez

"So, what is the work required to lift a... case of blood?"
- Ms. Cyrier

"We're going to get all wet."
"And this is my only pair of pants."
- Danny M. and Russell, respectively, on Election Night

"We're all losers here.  Except for Ned." -Mr. Davis

"I don't know about horny tree-dwelling goats." -Caleb Weinreb

"Stop! I'm tired of being surrounded by people chewing on other people!"
-Ms. Jackman on PDA

"A trombone in orchestra? That would stick out like a sore...
trombone..."
-Ben Kuhn

To vote, reply to this email with any number of your top choices or
use the website (qotw.net). Also, submit, that's fantastic too. If
you're a fan, tell your friends. If I can get everyone in the school
to vote on QOTW at least once, I will feel really special and
accomplished.
Thanks,
Dan "Deadline: A line in a prison, passing which, a prisoner may be
shot" Fries