[QOTW] Quote of the Week- May 28, 2007

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Mon May 28 18:40:02 EDT 2007

Hello everyone,
I've really done too much work to be witty, so really I'll just mention
that it's Memorial Day, and I've made pie. Also, there is, apparently, a
really fantastic collection of Evelyn Waugh letters and papers at some
Boston College library. In case anyone is interested.  In a resounding
victory, Mónica is last QOTW's winner, with her quote “Dormía con un ojo
abierto; La gallina me iba a comer.” (I always slept
with one eye open; the chicken was going to eat me).
And the quotes are...

"But that's bad, you don't want to do that."
-Meg O., on making the chemical compound BO

"It's like groundhog's day. I've just got to do it over and over again
until I get it right."
 -Ms. Budding, teaching the same material in 3 different classes

"I find that strange, but Walt Whitman would totally agree with you."
-Mr. Whelan

"The one thing I was really excited about in high school was the blood
drive."
-Michail Velichansky

"I should qualify that by saying that when I say "most beautiful," I mean
"most like England."
-Ms. Jackman

"You have a band. You like their music. They look like girls. The end."
-Carol Moraff, summing up other people's obsessions

"You definitely said "You're telling me my life work isn't important?"
-Julea, recalling a conversation she had with Ms. Jackman

"Love was always portrayed as a youth, because they're desired and filled
with desire, and uh. Birds and bees."
-Mr. Conolly

"Didn't anyone realize that 'constant' is spelled with a 'c'?"
-Catie B., on the amount of things in chemistry represented by a K

"There are people here who are trying to learn things. About smoking."
-Ms. Rome

Remember to VOTE.

-Sarah "Really, I'm not going to become an English major" Gulick