[QOTW] qotw may 6 2006

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun May 6 21:02:29 EDT 2007

Hey y’all.
Sorry this is coming out so late today, but I was busy bagel-ing and
learning Arabic phrases from an Erick Avari (of HITG! fame) look alike.
Also, yesterday, I saw Hot Fuzz, and went to Free Comic Book Day. It was
amazing. I love comic books. And possibly all of rural England. Even the
mummers. No. Definitely not mummers. Those masks and bells freak me out.
Anyway, last week’s awesome-jawsome winners were Ms. Jackman and her
opposite – Julea, with their tag team quote:
“We had a Chem 1 enriched."
“Like uranium?"
"Like white bread.”

Anyway here’s the stuff:

“Add more butter. That’s not enough. Add more. No, really. More. My goal
in life is to make everybody fat. Really fat. *cackles* ” – The Bagel Man,
on how to butter a bagel.

“Cho just wasn’t right for him” – Ms. Budding, on Harry Potter finally
picking Ginny as his GFFL.

“Dormía con un ojo abierto; La gallina me iba a comer.” (I always slept
with one eye open; the chicken was going to eat me) – Mónica, on sharing a
room with a pet chicken.

“When you lose a child, its not like only getting to keep one poster. You
don’t usually say, ‘Hey! At least I kept the good one’” – That guy from
the assembly, whose name I always forget.

“Its like running after the bus and getting hit by it. The bus of
opportunity, that is.” – Ms. Marinina, on changes in an economy

"It's like seltzer with an aftertaste of ass." -Katie Kellom (a student?),
on beer

“We have to stop doing this. ‘Otherwise, I’ll start high-five-ing
everybody, and they’ll think I’m weird’ -five” –Greta, about to high-five
when she thought better of it, and then did it anyway.

“They’re like posters of sperm! Oh. Never mind.” – a gallery muppet
checking out Elif(Commonwealth fencing coach)’ s art show, finally reading
the artist’s statement (they’re neurons)

“Look! It’s Hello Kitty. Oh My God. I love HER. She’s Soooooo Pink! And a
Kitty! Hello!!!!!!” – customer at Sugar Heaven, upon noticing the Hello
Kitty Lunch Boxes

“I wonder what heaven is like for mud” – Nathan Kohlenberg
“Ask Jackman.” – Mr. Davis

As to any ‘apparent lack of an honorable mentions email’ :

System.out.print(“whiners”);
grumpy.cough(awkward, annoyed);
System.out.print(l(00).s(3).rn(00).b(5) +“\r\n”);
return -1;

I only received one submission this week, apart from a bunch of ridiculous
online submissions which were either sent by spammers or bored idiots
(probably spammers. Y'all have too much to do to do this.) Still,

if(youExist){
	youKnow(WhoYouAre);
 	i.alsoStronglyDislikeYouBecause(youFilledTheInboxWithJunk);
	}

Anyway. Submit!
I lost a really nice quote in the wash in my pants pocket (it was covered
in cream cheese, so no big), but if y’all submitted this wouldn’t be an
issue.

-Jenny “schmear happens” Oberholtzer