[QOTW] Quote of the Week, 11 March 2007

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Mar 11 17:21:16 EDT 2007

Greetings and salutations.

This is your friendly quoter speaking, delivering your weekly dose of wit
and humor, both at someone else's expense. Isn't that lovely?

My apologies for the lack of wit in this email. I'm usually pretty good
about that sort of thing, but not when I've been out sick for three days.
Grumble. And on that note, last week's winner was...

Meg Oliverio, with the stunning question "One time my brother told me
that...if you put dead or dying batteries under your armpit it would
recharge the battery. Is that true?"

Congrats, Meg. You'll go down in Commonwealth history, just like everyone
else who's won QotW. Which seems to be a rather dubious honor, if a bunch
of Commies approve of your sense of humor or way with words. Anyways. On
to this week's nominations!

"Um, do you have a balaclava I could borrow?" --Jacob Potter (I never got
a satisfactory answer as to why he wanted a balaclava...)

"If you're allergic to cookies, to nuts, then don't take a cookie."
--Harry Alper

"I used to live in the Italian section of New Haven, there was a strong
Mafia presence there, it was great." --Ms Grant

"Oh goodie, she turned into a real woman so now he can rape her!" --Sarah
Gulick

"Why does the fact that I tutor Anna Swartz give her the right to speak to
me?" --Ben Pokross

"If you want to go mushroom hunting with Mr Riahi, bring your own
mushrooms." --Madame Folkman

"I got an email from Susan Thompson, asking someone to make an
announcement..." --Ms Grant
"There's a play." --Pete Day

"Make sure you don't walk the other way on Mass. Ave. You'll reach MIT. It
isn't good for you." --Mr. Davis

"Now he comes on and is like, 'cookies are for sometimes.' Which is a
lie." --Sarah Schofield, on Cookie Monster

"Excuse me? You think I'm more like a baby than a potential sex partner?"
--Tili Sokolov

And that's that. Y'all should know the drill about voting. If you don't,
then by 5 p.m on Friday, or I'll send my evil minions after you.

Toodles!

Kate "I dance with swords and I fence. Any connection there?" Potter