[QOTW] Sixth Annual Quote of the Year Awards

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Jun 17 14:45:22 EDT 2007

Dear QOTWers,

This is my last official email to you all. This season of Quote of the
Week is done, and with it ends my tenure as Chief Quoter. I shall miss you
all and I hope you've enjoyed our Sundays (and occasional Mondays, some
Saturday nights...) together. The new head quoter is Sarah Gulick, whose
quoting you are likely all familiar with, and whom many of you younguns
will remember as the scary lady who hounded you until you signed up for an
email listing you knew next to nothing about. I wish Sarah and all the
Commie quoters and quotees the best of luck. And now, the awards:

MOST NOMINATIONS: Ms. Jackman (21) -in spite of her constant pleas to
"please not put that in an email. I didn't realize what I was saying. What
if Mr. Wharton sees it? What if Immigration sees it?" and then just small
weeping sounds.

MOST WINS: Mr. Conolly (4) -tying the current record held by Andrea Lam

WILLAM JENNINGS BRYAN AWARD (most nominations without a victory, in honor
of America's losing-est presidential candidate): Julea Vlassakis (8)

MOST QUOTEABLE (based off a complex point value system which I have by now
copmpletely forgotten, but which made sense at the time):
10. Ms. Frazer and Mr. Racioppi (tie)
9. Julea Vlassakis
8. Ms. Budding
7. Monica
6. Ben Pokross
5. Nick Pittman
4. Ms. Grant
3. Ms. Rome
2. Ms. Jackman
1. Mr. Conolly

And the moment you've all been waiting for...

QUOTE OF THE YEAR: "I'm going to go and look out the window at people with
normal jobs." -Mr. Conolly

and

"I’ve gotten to enjoy the fruits (no pun intended) of the gay rights
movement." -Mr. Sherry

That's right, we had a tie for Quote of the Year this year, going down to
4th place votes. We considered having Mr. Conolly and Mr. Sherry duel to
the death for the title, but the two ended up banding together and
fighting their way out of the gladiator pit as a team. And if that's not
the best way to end the season with a bang, I don't know what is.

So that's it, folks. Many, many thanks our excellent quoters this year:
Will Sanna, Sarah Gulick, Jenny Oberholtzer, Nolan Epstein, Andrea Lam,
Michael Behr, and Kate Potter. If I'm forgetting anyone I sincerely
apologize; write in and I'll send out your name as well. I hope you keep
the quoting up (it's great for those college applications).

QOTWers, enjoy your summers.

-Greta "Disc One, track 19, 2001...don't any of you listen to BNL? It's
'Thanks That Was Fun.' Seriously, they're a great band and-" Friar