[QOTW] Quote of the Year Round 2

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sat Jun 2 22:59:43 EDT 2007

Hello QOTWers,

It's that time again. Many of you, having signed up in recent months or
having limited long term memories, may have no idea what I am talking
about, so I shall explain. Although even to win a weekly round of Quote of
the Week is an honor, the best of the best quotes must compete for Quote
of the Year, a prize associated with school-wide prestige,
chicks/boys/baked goods of once preference, and an option for a book deal
shadow written by Jimmy Kimmel (as of yet, no one has taken up the offer).
Enough drivel: the point is, here are the most recent QOTW winners, and
you should vote for your favorites. The top four will move on to the next
round.

We begin with this week's winner:

"I should qualify that by saying that when I say "most beautiful," I mean
"most like England." -Ms. Jackman

“Dormía con un ojo abierto; La gallina me iba a comer.” -Mónica (I always
slept with one eye open; the chicken was going to eat me).

"It's society's fault. Maybe if I'd been raised by wolves, I wouldn't be
gay." -Ben P.

"On that note, since we don't have a publicist here, if your picture is
ever in the paper, tell the reporter you go to Commonwealth School, unless
you're committing a crime." -Janetta

"One time my brother told me that...if you put dead or dying batteries
under your armpit it would recharge the battery. Is that true?" -Meg
Oliverio

'The Persians were considered too civilized. Like, girly men. They wore
pants.' --Mr. Conolly

"I'm going to go and look out the window at people with normal jobs." -Mr.
Conolly

"If you click here, you'll go to a website about the Spartan military, and
if you click here, you can find single men in Sparta, Kentucky." - Ms
Frazer (on search engines)

"It's hard to switch classes. Now I have to think about calculus when we
were just doing Sudoku." -Mr. Riahi

"I was going to cancel the next paper, guys, but then I read
these and decided to give you a second chance." -Mr. Racioppi

"A Byronic hero, *not* the same as a bionic hero...." -Ms. Budding, on the
Romantic poets

And that's all for now. Vote by 5 PM Friday, and make sure to specify
which quote you mean if it's someone with multiple nominations.

-Greta "the Jackie Chan of line dancing" Friar