[QOTW] QOTW for April 9

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Mon Apr 9 19:15:59 EDT 2007

Hi. I know this email is a day late, but it was Easter yesterday, and
there was a lot to do. Yes, it is a valid reason for a late QOTW email,
and so without further delay here it is.

"Armand, chew your bagel."
-Mr. Wharton to Armand during a talkative announcements

"Go home and ask your parents what your family's income is."- Hirsch
"Ben, some parents won't answer that"-Mr. Wharton
"If your parents won't answer, look around your house, see if you own a
brand new Volvo."-Hirsch (talking about Diversity day)

"On that note, since we don't have a publicist here, if your picture is
ever in the paper, tell the reporter you go to Commonwealth School, unless
you're committing a crime."- Janetta

"What do you notice about the proteins that McBeth- proteins?!? Pronouns!
I'm thinking about lunch, I'm sick of tofu burgers!!!"-Ms. Dale during
English 10

"Ok, so if Hemingway had 4 wives, drank too much, and shot himself in
the head, why do Commonwealth English teachers ask students to do a
Hemingway imitation?" - Alex Grant (after a visit to the Hemingway House
in Key West)

"I'm reduced to a heap over serving matza."
-Ms. Rome

"The guy who wrote the introduction was redefining religion as not
religious."
-Mr. Conolly

"They don't care about the kids in public school as much as they care
about you"-Ms. Jackman on fire drills

"Let's talk about dating mummies, wait that sounds wrong, doesn't it?"
-Ms. Jackman

"Are you writing notes to Gabe? Can you be a little more inconspicuous so
you don't distract me?"
-Ms. Rome to Max Erhman

And the winner for the week of March 11th is Ben Pokross!
"Why does the fact that I tutor Anna Swartz give her the right to speak to
me?" --Ben Pokross
congrats!

-Will "It's not denial, I'm just selective about what I choose to accept
as reality" Sanna