[QOTW] QOTW 9/24/06

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Sep 24 11:41:46 EDT 2006

Hello everyone,
I hope you're having a good time getting adjusted to being back at school
and getting too much homework. Don't worry. It's happening to everyone
else, too. They just don't crack as easily as you.  Just like the last
time I, your humble quoter, was in the honered position of writing this
email, I seem to be following people who, along with being a saberist, can
neither punctuate properly, nor, apparently, speak Spanish. I'm really
sorry. It's not much fault. Write angry email to Greta.  I'm am also
please to announce that we have infinitely more quote submissions than the
Leek this week.  this is partially sad, or course, but it also means that
we are funnier than a rather phallic vegetable. And of course, I am please
to announce that the winning quote this week is Deborah Beck's quote "If
you sleep with Zeus, then you're going to get knocked up, end of story."
And now, the quotes...

"Norm! Grab that girl's shorts! We're going hiking!"
- Karl. [Jenny added that] no context is required, but [she does] have
photos....

"Firs you suggest I'm an illigitamate child, and now you can't draw
molecules on the board. Did you now have Diet Coke this morning?"
-Julea Vlassakis, to Ms. Jackman

"I am walking down the street. It's cold. I'm walking down the street away
from where I shot my wife."
-Nolan, trying to write like Earnest Hemingway

"It's Bastille Day. You're going to be late. The bus drivers are all hung
over. Or still drunk. Don't worry."
- Helene (another of Jenny's quotes. I have no idea who Helene is)

"Then there's how to knee someone in the groin... come over here, Nick."
-Ms. Jackman

"Why did you tell me what happened on 'The Office?' Now I have a big
wooden stick!"
-Julea Vlassakis

"In math, you know how the answer to really hard questions is 0 or 1? In
US history it's 'God.' Why? God."
-Ms. Rome

"I think Latin authors whould have a list that they pull out of a drawer-
if they had drawers."
-Mr. Conolly, on rare perfect active participles, formed with deponent verbs.

"And the Native Americans had an advantage against the Europeans that, in
fact, the Red Sox have tonight."
-Ms. Rome

"Ms. Jackman, can you give us The Talk? Becuase you've been teasing us
with your talk about electrophilics and getting together."
-Greta

Remember to vote!
Sarah "After the blond, male saberist" Gulick