[QOTW] Quote of the Week, September 10

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Sep 10 11:12:45 EDT 2006

Dear QOTWers,
     Well we've started the school year off right: with a tie. But before
I announce the winners, I'd just like to say that for all the pain of
homework assignments and Mr. Sherry's impossible math class, the utterly
bizarre things Commies say on a regular basis without a moment's
forethought (most people have to prepare for this kind of banter) make the
return to our hallowed halls worth the effort. I hope, after reading these
quotes, that you agree.
     First we've got to wrap up the summer season, with our end of August
winners: "Yes, we are making battle starships out of legos and yes, my
ship is a transformer, and yes, we are seventeen." -Hisham, and "Oh my
God, Ed, I'm like your biggest fan ever and I think you're like God...or
something...My friends think I'm insane, but I'm really not. I am a
vampire. This is so embarrasing.  I love you! Wow, okay, bye." -Will's
impression of Greta meeting her favorite singer. This is the first time in
a dozen nominations that Will has managed to win QOTW. In other words, Ben
Miller remains the undeniable champ of the winless nomination streak. One
day, perhaps, a new champion will arise (freshmen, this is your ticket to
Commonwealth popularity).
     More importantly, this week's nominees are:

"Since public embarrassment didn't work, I'm going to start public
beatings." -Ms. Paul, collecting community service reports

"You may have some trouble getting to your email. If you do: ask Thomas."
-Mr. Racioppi, pointing at Tom Tuttle

"Write something funny, email it to finallysubmitting at gmail.com, we'll
read it, proofread it, and I'll edit it so it's actually funny." -Ryan,
asking for Leek submissions

"If you're in my ancient history class-my name is Rome..." -Ms. Rome, to
instant applause

"All the other passengers sided with me and said I deserved to stay at the
front of the line while the customs man said he had the authority and I
was to go to the back, so in the end we decided that I could stay near the
front but I had to get in back of two people. I, for one, was pleased that
we could come to such a sensible compromise." -a Cambridge professor on
his experience with American airlines

"He dropped out." -Nathan GB, explaining Mr. Sherry's absence from his
Theoretical Calculus class (which is down to 4 students in 4 days)

"For a minute I thought you were Max, because you both have dark hair in a
ponytail...and you're under Kate." -Willow, to Sarah G.

"If we could harness her energy, we might decrease our dependence on
foreign oil." -Nathan K, on Ms. Rome

"I'll shoe you like a horse and dress you like a woman." -an actor at
plymouth plantation propsitioning a female college student

"I've never taught you, but you look like a Roman emperor." -Mr. Conolly
to Zach M.

     That's all for this week; remember to vote by 5 PM Friday. Wish you
could get more QOTW? You can! honorablementions-subscribe at qotw.net. Until
next time,

Greta "Oh my god, Ed, you're my most favorite person ever" Friar