[QOTW] QOTW, Sunday March 19th , 2006 A.D.

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Mar 19 02:18:39 EST 2006

As I sat down before my computer, this evening(or morning, depending) I
was struck with the prospect of actually writing a QOTW email ON TIME.
Needless to say, upon realizing the implications of such a decision, I had
to stop for a minute and pour myself some more soda.  I believe some of
you have actually enjoyed my tardiness; after all, how often do you turn a
paper, or a piece of homework, in late?  When you think about the fact
that I've been asked to be quoter 3 times in little over a year, it became
clear that my procrastination and forgetfulness have made me the people's
champion of QOTW.

What's more, if I wrote an email on time, might I be selling out?  To the
Man?  In the end, there was only one decision.  I put on "Polovtsian
Dances and Chorus" - yes, from DDR - and started tallying votes.  Let me
inform you, then, that this QOTW email is truly the result of my sweat,
tears, and lack of college acceptance.  In other news, Cybil Bomberger won
last week with this popular quote: "So apart from world peace and a
bunker, what else would you like? How about a nice sundress? Or an
accordion. We could get you an accordion. The local polka band just broke
up over 'artistic differences'."

And now, for this week's menu:

Blake: "Maybe we should use ReiserFS."
Jeff: "Why?"
Blake: "Because it's dangerous."

"My puppy is black, so my mother likes to say that our family is bi-racial
now."
    -Sarah Schofield

"This if just further evidence that chemists are only interested in drugs
and explosions."
    -Mark Goodwin, Professor of Philosophy of Science at Swarthmore

"Karen, are you a laundry racist?"
    -Eden, on sorting laundry based on colors

"Deep breath..."
    -MIT admissions decision site, decisions.mit.edu

"Garrison, these muffins are... awkward."
    -Olivia, on banana bread/chocolate chip(?) muffins

"I didn't make you.  I didn't say, 'Tanner's nose, come over here and poke
me in the eye.'"
    -Rachel, who totally made me.

Tanner: Sarah, just one note...
Sarah: I suck at acting?
Tanner: No... that was going to be a private note later.

"I'll never meet a beautiful, intelligent, caring frat boy who will look
at me and see perfection."
    -A line from "Bang Bang, You're Dead"

"People these past few weeks have been telling me I'm 'cute.'  So I bite
them."
    -Andrea Lam

Okay, so that's it.  Vote ye, and be merry.  Remember voting closes
whenever the next quoter gets around to tallying the votes.  Now if you'll
excuse me, "The Man" and I have a lunch date.

    -Tanner "I like being creepy" Tillotson, the People's Champion of QOTW