[QOTW] Quote of the Week Awards 2006

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Jul 9 10:07:58 EDT 2006

Quote of the Week Readers:

This email wraps up the fifth season of Quote of the Week and its first
year under new management. I know it's been a little shaky sometimes, but
I hope you've all enjoyed the run. Without further ado, here are the
awards:

MOST NOMINATIONS: Jenny Oberholtzer (16)

MOST VICTORIES: Andrea Lam (4): This is a new record for QOTW, breaking
the until now impenetrable 3 victory season barrier. Even more
impressively, all test results on wit-enhancing drugs came back negative.

WILLIAM JENNINGS BRYAN AWARD (given in honor of the man who was never
quite elected president to the person with the most nominations and no
victories): Ms. Paul, with 11 nominations and 0 wins.
     Of note is froshmore Will Sanna, who, with 10 nominations, lost every
single time and still couldn't win the award for most losses.

THE OUTSIDER AWARD (although QOTW is a Commonwealth based operation, on
occassion a non-Commie will steal the voters' hearts. This award goes to
the most voted for stranger): Alex, NSHS, with the quote "You know how
when you are physically tired you don't want to exercise, and when you are
mentally tired you don't want to think? Well I'm socially tired, I don't
want to pretend to be interesting."

MOST QUOTEABLE PEOPLE OF THE YEAR (based off nominations, wins, Honorable
Mentions, and voter popularity. Absolutely no miscounts whatsoever):
10. Mr. Conolly
9. Will Sanna
8. Mr. Riahi
7. Nolan Epstein
6. Harry Alper
5. Alex George
4. Ms. Grant
3. Mr. Sherry
2. Jenny Oberholtzer
1. Andrea Lam

and the award you've all been waiting for:

THE QUOTE OF THE YEAR: "Amorphous, well-hydrated, made in the USA,
maple-glazed, and exponential" -Evan McGonagill, asked by Dartmouth to
describe herself with five adjectives

So that's it. Thanks to everyone for a great year. Special thanks to our
quoters this year: Sarah Gulick, Andrea Lam, Max Wilt, Jenny Oberholtzer,
Will Sanna, Meg Short, Nolan Epstein, Sarah Schofield, Tanner Tillotson,
Ryan Morrow, and (by proxy) Stuart Spina. Thanks also to Reilly Grant for
hosting QOTW, and Ben Orlin for having the brilliant idea to create the
thing in the first place.
Enjoy your summer quotes.

-Greta "Who's flying this thing? Oh right, that would be me" Friar