[QOTW] Quote of the Week 7/3/2006

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Mon Jul 3 17:30:15 EDT 2006

Hey everyone,
I always forget how hard it is to get quotes during the summer. Mostly the
problem is this- one can ask people at Commonwealth if they've heard any
good quotes, and usually at least some people will have some.  In the
summer, one is forced to ask other people, who generally give you a quote
from either a commercial, or a famous politician in the '30's.  It's a
problem.  Anyway, I hope you all are having a good summer.  There's no
winner this week, since... actually, I don't know why, but I think it has
something to do with quote of the year and voting and stuff. I'll talk to
the Quote Mistress, who probably won't know either. So. The quotes this
week...

"Wear a plaid bikini."
-Daisy Long, on how to entertain preppy boys.

"Sometimes I wonder... what if all hell broke loose and I couldn't find a
razor, or a tweezer, or some hair dye for a month?  What would I be
willing to do for some?"
-Ellen Aronson, on the ethics of an apocalypse

"Kid tested, mother approved."
-No idea who, on condoms

"It was this cute commercial, with sappy music and uphostery."
-Morgen C.

"Music is good for the soul. The back, I'm not so sure."
-Greta, suggesting back pain medication to Andrea

"Whoa, don't tell me you're straight, too."
-Zoe, to Nolan, when he told her he was quitting an MMORPG taking up too
much of his time

"It's Winchester; just ask for the guy at the book store with the beard.
There's only one book store, and there's only one guy with facial hair."
-Eric, fencer, on looking him up/ living in Winchester

"Well, I wanted to find out where the prositutes were, but it was taking
too long walking around, so the next day I just asked a soldier. He smiled
and started giving me specific directions..."
-Wesley, on his trip to India (he didn't partake, he adds)

"I don't have any hooker stories; I'm from Vermont."
-Seth Dickinson

"Always do a background check on your dealer, Greta. It's one of the Rules."
-Andrea, on pharmacies. Or perhaps mix cds.