[QOTW] qotw 01/16/06

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Mon Jan 16 00:55:32 EST 2006

Dear readers,

God it’s been a lovely day! Everything is going my way
I took up croquet today and I'm on fire!

Not really. But I have been listening to too much music, and reading books
and stuff
.yeah. I should probably be studying, but no! never! I am too
devoted to you all!!!!
Also, I am severely annoyed at an author who went and gave my favoritest
snarky character amnesia. No more fun jokes ‘bout jazz music as told to us
by my favoritest snarky alien-saver bouncy-short fungus-growing
chicken-soup-making clone person of the 26th century. *Sigh* curse you,
viehl. Bring back Joey! The old, awesome, cool one! *sobs*

And my goldfish is dead. I don’t know what I should do with the body, and
my dad doesn’t want me to feed it to the cat. She looks kinda hungry,
though
 down, girl! Ow. My hand. Excuse me a moment

*Sighs*
*removes cat fangs from hand*
*slaps on about 5.667 band aids*

anyway.

Janetta wins! Her supercalifragilisticexpialidocious quote was "If you're
a senior, there's a rumor going around that RSVPing makes you a tool.
Actually it does all sorts of good things, like improve your social life
and prevent genocide." Alas! If only it were true.

And on a further note, Borlin sends a shout out to the qotw management
oversight by Greta Friar. Props! Also? Jeff? We all know what a sigma
looks like. It is similar to a backwards three. (Now, I rip.) However, the
mermaid shield in the Dartmouth lobby is painted in such a way as to spell
out “s^ex ^2” Whoever painted it probably dropped out of calc, completely
disillusioned. Poor sod.  Too cool for school, is what he was. (yes, he.
It is a teenage boy thing to do. Shut up.) I need to stop listening to
RUSH. Bad 1980’s pop stars! Out of my head! Now! There’s a good
mullet-boy. Have a cookie.

So this is this week’s set (v. meager, I’ll admit. I’m lazy. So sue me. Or
send me quotes.)
:

"I hate the eighties. The only good thing that came out of the eighties
was us. The music sucked. The cars sucked. The clothes sucked. The books
sucked. The politics sucked. The economy sucked. And you know, I'm betting
the artwork sucked."
		-Geoff Buller, Yale '09

“You know I need one of those things you smell in my nose?  Because I hate
the smell of snot in my own nose?”
		-Anon. Senior

“Be yourself. Be beautiful.”
		-  Dove (yeah. i don't get it either. but someone thinks its funny, so
i'll let it slide.)

“And if any of you quote me I will shoot you.”
		-Ms. Rome (what followed was not nearly as funny as this.)

“If that was  Lincoln had said, we’d all be eating fried chicken right now.”
		-Mr. Wharton re: a leek announcement

“I don’t get it. Is it supposed to be deep?”
		-my mom, Karen Wolf, after she mistook the LEEK for Litmag

“So, that’s a dozen ‘I’m a slayer, Ask me how.’Buttons you want? And they
all have to be pink? Gee. Umm.”
		- that guy at pandemonium. You know. The one with the beard.

“I heard you had a blizzard. Ha! No snow here. Nope. Mwa! Ha! Ha!”
		-Mary Smith (real name!), my Floridian grandmother, providing us with an
inaccurate view of our own weather

“It’s big. And no, I did not bring you potatoes.”
	-Josiah, my brother, on driving through Idaho during a cross-country road
trip.

So. Vote. Submit. Sign up for hm. And bring me brownies. And submit. Andw
hen I snap my fingers you will wake up, feeling very well rested.

*Snap*

Share and enjoy
-
 Jenny “Techno-pagan is the term. There are more of us than you'd think.”
Oberholtzer