[QOTW] Quote of the Week, February 26

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Feb 26 09:58:17 EST 2006

Dear QOTWers,
     Circumstances beyond our control have left us unexpectedly quoterless
for the second week in a row. However, as we here at QOTW know how
important a good laugh is, we (well, honestly, I) spent all of Friday
running around Commonwealth writing down every vaguely funny thing anyone
said. I apologize if, due to the hurried nature of their collection, the
quotes are not up to our usual standard; I can only hope that something is
better than nothing at all.
     On a happier note, last week's winner was the hilarious (slightly
terrifying) "I know at least thirty-one different ways to kill you. I'm
pretty much a Baskin-Robbins of death." -Andrea. To those of you who voted
differently I might add that Andrea, as QOTW webmistress, has unrestricted
access to QOTW records. And that I've heard number 23 is relatively
painless.
     On to this week's nominees:

"Armani! Straight up and down, you idiot!" -Ben Horn, on whipped cream

"In the cities everyone lives so close together: they can all have sex all
the time. Jenny's looking shocked. She's thinking 'What, Brookline?'" -Ms.
Rome, on 19th century fears on urbanization

"There's a small nongravitational field around your head." -Sarah G. to
Alex Grant (whose hair defies physics)

"It isn't a random piece of paper...it's a specific piece of paper."
-Alex, justifying submitting a T announcement as a quote

"Whatever we do for it, we get to duck tape Ben Horn to something." -Anna
C., listening to Ben's suggestions for senior prank

"In southern California the weather is perfect every day. Man, I hate it
there." -Zach M., a true New Englander

"I noticed a lot of sexual tension between Iago and, uh, everyone...Was
that supposed to be there?" -Ben Hirsh to actor Jon Epstein, during a Q
and A after Othello

"Wait. So the rabbit represents Jesus?" -Devon, trying to understand Easter

"Why does evolution favor sexual reproduction? Because you and your hand
can't repopulate the Earth." -Will, in biology

"I'm dropping International Studies. I'm 600 pages in debt. And the loan
sharks are coming." -Jon Montemayor, Yale '09, on dropping his
International Studies course just before the midterm exam

So remember to vote by 5 PM Friday and to submit quotes when you hear
them.  One can never have enough quotes, which reminds me: you know you
want honorable mentions. Sign up at honorablementions-subscribe at qotw.net.
Until next week,

Greta "seriously, what is the deal with the Easter bunny?" Friar