[QOTW] QotW 5 February 2006

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Feb 5 16:36:52 EST 2006

Dear QotWers,

Honestly, officer, I don't know what happened. It's all kind of fuzzy,
really. You know how they always say not to mix your drinks? Well, see,
there was a lot going on in the bar and I was kind of confused after a
whole week of exams... Then there was Project Week, and--oh, yeah, and
there was a midget. Arsonist. A midget arsonist. Yeah, I remember that.
One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor. I blame the bartender. He
should have known my cut-off was ten. Um, officer? Why did your face go
swirly all of a sudden? Because, um, I don't think that's supposed to be
happening....

Ahem. Last week's winner was Karen Wolf, Jenny's mum, with her quote

'I don't get it. Is it supposed to be deep?' --Karen Wolf, after mistaking
the Leek for the LitMag

Also of interest in the QotW inbox was an answer to the Sex Shield
controversy. It seems that Bart 'the Dark Master...painter' Horn ('03) was
the one who painted the thing; the mastermind behind the fiendish plot,
however, was Abbie 'not a teenage boy' Cyr (also '03). And neither of them
dropped out of Calc. I think.

Classic rock is joy. And now the nomininnies!

'I'm curious: what is the threshold [in terms of percentage of the Bible
believed] where you would say someone is unfit to govern?' --Nick Ward

'Jesus always wins everything.' --Harry Alper, Jew, when told a
'Shakespeare or Bible' reference was from the Bible

'This will be your best chance to see the smartest man you will ever get
within fifty yards of doing something really stupid.' --Mr Davis, on
Christopher Ricks, assembly speaker

'In some cultures, it's socially acceptable to shoot monkeys!' --Ms Paul

'Does a pregnant pause last nine months?' --Katie Reed (?)

'Hey, Canadians have uteri, too.' --Danielle (Don't ask.)

'The last time I was at Jenny's house, there were about five people
sitting on me. And there weren't even five people there....' --Greta

'Why do vampires bleed? Because that's stupid. Why aren't they made of
plastic or something?' --Jenny

'That's the new thing now. They send you off to learn how to butcher a
deer, assassinate a pig....' --Eva Guinan, Greta's mother, on
Pennsylvanians

'I used to play fetch with my brother....' --Isabel Duarte-Gray

Blah blah blah, vote-ye-by-5-P.M.-Friday cakes. And subscribe to the
Honourable Mentions list by e-mailing honorablementions-subscribe at qotw.net
, would you? Do it for the squirrels. And Metallica.

--Andrea 'I miss conversations that don't start with "So, this killer
truck"' Lam