[QOTW] Summer Edition 2

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Aug 27 13:06:22 EDT 2006

Dear QOTWers,
     Once again, none of you (except the fabulous Joanna Rifkin) have
submitted any quotes. Nevertheless, I have scraped together the following
ten nominees for your enjoyment. There are several double quotes, so make
sure to specify which one you're voting for. Expect the next email when
school starts and we can once again indulge in the best service
Commonwealth has to offer: teachers with their feet in their mouths.
     Last week's winner, narrowly defeating singing pirates, was Alex
George with the following: "Unfortunately, there's no way ballet is
compatible with democratic theory and practice" (considering
classes).
     And now for the nominees:

"There are nuns, and they sing, and they make you clothes out of curtains.
No, wait, that's Sound of Music." -Jenny describing Switzerland

"Many things that happen in jeans ads are not possible." - Alex George

"I think you're losing your morel compass." - Joshua Rifkin, on his
daughter's desire to set woods on fire to stimulate the growth of
delicious fungi

"I can't wait to live alone as a Japanese P.E. teacher with an annoying
friend who comes over and sleeps in my house unannounced." -Nolan

"Yes, we are making battle starships out of legos and yes, my ship is a
transformer, and yes, we are seventeen." -Hisham

"Oh my God, Ed, I'm like your biggest fan ever and I think you're like
God...or something...My friends think I'm insane, but I'm really not. I am
a vampire. This is so embarrasing.  I love you! Wow, okay, bye." -Will's
impression of Greta meeting her favorite singer

"I watched the L word the other day. Sooo many lesbians." -Nolan

"It's pemberley. And it's MINE!" - Alex George, on the name of Mr. Darcy's
estate in Pride and Prejudice

"The streets of Boston are thick with blarney/ you'd think Medford was
Kilarney." -a guy with an accordian and an Irish flag shirt

"One day really early in the morning we need to dress a bunch of boys up
in skirts and take them to IHOP." -Sarah G.'s plans for this year

     Remember to vote by 5 PM on the Friday after next. Submit quotes:
even though school's starting up soon and I'll be back to stalking Commies
with a pencil and paper, the system relies on you sharing what you
overhear.

-Greta "So who actually got the mushroom pun?" Friar