[QOTW] QOTW, week of April 10th, 2006

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Tue Apr 11 15:04:13 EDT 2006

Hello everyone,
I'd like to apologize for sending this out late, but this week, at least
the quotes are funny.  Greta and I have been trying to update the email
lists are recruit more quoters, which is harder than it sounds.  So, if
you go to Commonwealth, and you aren't very, very sure we know who you
are, please send us an email with your name. Just as a rule of thumb, if
you're a freshman, we don't know who you are.  Another interesting thing-
tomorrow is the 45th anniversary of Yuri Gagarin's first trip into space.
I really am not very funny as a quoter. At least I have the comfort of
being more coherant than Jenny.
Moving on. Andrea won this week, with the quote "People these past few
weeks have been telling me I'm 'cute.'  So I bite them."  And now, onto
the quotes...

"Here's a list of people who, if they're in the building, you have to call
me; Judy Blume, Cher..."
-Janetta Stringfellow

"Huh. 'Murder at Harvard.' Seems like a good idea."
-Mr. Whelan, contemplating the title of a movie.

"Lucy's /definitly/ in the sky with diamonds."
-Andrea, on how the Van Gogh painting 'Olive Orchards' looks like a
Beatles song.

"He can't be Jewish if he doesn't have a nose!"
-Zoe, on an eroded statue of Moses.

"I'm not sure that translates into Spanish: 'We left you in New York. Ole!'"
-Ms. Grant, on what to write in a note to the Spanish exchange kids.

"If someone invites you to come see his vacation slides, you're not going
to be interested unless he has a story or they're all of naked people."
-Ms. Nesson

"Think of Texas in the Northeast corner of Africa and you get the Egyptian
world view. Perhaps without the boots. Maybe not a felicitous metaphor."
-Rashid Khalidi, Columbia Professor

"Jeff, I'm assigning to you an opinion that you don't actually
have for rhetorical purposes.  Please cooperate."
- David German

"Come to "Supernatural" fandom. We have urban legends, leather coats, a
pretty car, and reasonably fetching men... Also, bondage."
-Andrea

"When you mix someone a drink, the drink's unique, like a fingerprint,
and they get to know you.  And then you do body shots and they really
get to know you."
-Kat Meade, Rutgers (This was from a debate Jeff Kaufman judged.)

"Welcome to Providence.  We made up for some of the delay, though we are
still a bit behind schedule.  Now get out."
-Captain on a Southwest Airlines flight

As always, vote. And make the voting and quotes really weird next week- a
freshman's doing it.
-Sarah 'dangerously outgoing' Gulick