[QOTW] Quote of the Week, 18 September 2005

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Sep 18 11:08:34 EDT 2005

Dear QotWers,

The air is damply humid, the sky is turning a steady, muddled grey, and
the birds are starting to fly south. This, of course, means that it's the
first week of school at Commonwealth. Apparently, some universities don't
start term until the end of the month, but then again, those universities
probably aren't as scintillatingly witty as our little school is. Didn't
you get the memo? Last week's winner was Jean, with her quote of 'There
comes a point as a ceramics teacher when you just get tired of pot jokes.'
We here at Quote of the Week would like to extend our most sincere
apologies, and promise not to rehash any of those old puns. (Oops.)

Nomin-ninnies!

'Reilly is my love monkey.' -- 'Snej Nov Red Nednil'

'Trust me. No. Don't. Never trust an Irishwoman with half a bottle of wine
in her at this time of night.' -- Marisa

'So if you don't shave your legs, you're either gay or you have to move to
Spain.' -- Mr Sherry

'You know what we should have in here? A printmaking class.' -- Anna Moss,
in the printmaking room

'Naked men are much less interesting than naked ladies.' -- Becca Kennedy

'Sabre's like the Slytherin of fencing. No matter who you are, you don't
want to get sorted there.' -- Sarah Gulick

'I was given one medal, but I'm not getting another, because I ate the
first one they gave me.' -- Terry Pratchett

'You're pretty. Like a fish. Like a pretty pink fish!' -- drunk guy

'This is no time to be modest.  This is a time to rub it in people's
faces. "Look how great I can fold.  Man, I'm a badass."' -- Dustin Hadden,
Yale freshman, folding laundry

'Oh, by the way, I was in Yale earlier today, and somebody down there said
that you'll be creamed on the 19th.' -- Terry Pratchett, at Harvard

Voting closes at 5 P.M. on Friday. If you haven't done so already,
subscribe to the Honourable Mentions list by sending an e-mail to
honorablementions-subscribe at qotw.net. Because it's the right thing to do.
Oh, and _Serenity_ comes out on the 30th. Go see it. < /plug >

-- Andrea 'take me out to the black' Lam