[QOTW] Quote of the Week, September 4

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Sep 4 11:03:14 EDT 2005

Dear QOTWers,
     Hi, how are you? To the large current Commonwealth faction of readers
I ask, "Ready to go back Tuesday?" Meanwhile, despite the considerable
respresentation Montana got in last week's email, it still lost out to our
own Andrea's "It's kind of obvious that Satan would have been angry at God
for throwing him down from heaven, isn't it? I mean, it's not as if it was
a nice flight. 'Thank you for flying Infernal Airways. Please fall from
God's graces again with us soon!'" I'm sorry to inform you that this
week's pick of quotes was rather small, though we got an exciting number
of offers for pi_ll_z. On that note, on to this week's nominees:

"It's gone now but shall forever remain in our memories." -Jenny on the
bulk of spam in the QOTW inbox, finally deleted

"In my opinion pistachio is just a mint chip wannabe." -Joe (on ice cream)

"All right, I'm in the 11th grade. You too? Awesome, we're in the same
class!" -Zoe, after bigger schools sent out homeroom assignments

"My mom told me that everyone else driving on the road is stupid and out
to get me." -driver's ed student

"[In the books I read at your age] as far as I could tell, sex hadn't even
been invented. It was left to my generation to do so so you could reap the
benefits. Please make sure to thank us." -Ben Lieber, Amherst Dean of
Students

"[During Hurricane Katrina] it was fun trying to kick soccer balls against
the wind; they kinda curved all over the place. I couldn't hit a tree
three feet from me, but it would curve and hit Amillia every time...she
didn't like that." -Alice

"So some of you can count to eight, and the rest of you must be math
majors." -Terry, folk dance instructor

"The words 'thus' and 'therefore' should make you tremble with fear."
-Andrew Ehrgood, Yale writing tutor

"When people ask you stupid questions like 'What were you thinking of when
you took that picture?' you should really make up an answer." -Tom
Tuttle's mom to his brother, after his dad asked him that very question.

"Did you ever look in the mirror and think it was your sister?" -Mattie

So, if there's a quote you have to see lose, remember to vote for the
other nine by 5 PM Friday. And email honorablementions-subscribe at qotw.net.
Nuff said.

-Greta "give me a reason" Friar