[QOTW] Quote of the Week, October 30

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Oct 30 09:31:37 EST 2005

Dear QOTWers,
     A dire time is upon us, as I'm sure we can all agree: that's right,
I'm talking about Halloween. Aside from the obvious reasons (paganism,
pedophilia, that old lady who always gives me less candy because she
doesn't like my costume) as Commonwealth students we're aware of the
unpaid child labor that goes into making our October 31sts so delicious.
You knew there was a catch, didn't you? Candy for free? Someone had to be
messing with you. Nestle. Hershey. The big coorporations, feeding on your
holiday enthusiasm and their foreign sweat shops. (Disillusioned? If you
end up with candy you feel too guilty to eat, please send it to QOTW, care
of the Commonwealth school.) By the way, last week's winner was Reilly
Grant, who narrowly defeated freshmen Will and Nolan. Reilly said, "Like,
I don't know if I'd take more Chem, but I'd take more Ms. Jackman." And
now for some home grown all natural quotes (100% fruit juice):

"I only have to teach for the normal 40 minutes though, right?" -Mr.
Davis, finding out that he agreed to sub a long period

"You're not Ms. Bluestein." -Emma, five minutes into class (to Mr. Davis)

"If the British Empire's rule over America was like the machines
controlling the humans in the Matrix, does that make Thomas Paine
Morpheus?" -Jenny

"Oh man, I need drugs." -Ms. Rome, too sick to think straight in class
(she wanted Dayquil)

"Dan, careful. You know you can't punch me when I'm not wearing my chest
protector." -Harry, fencer

"Oh, no offense to anyone here if they actually know what that means."
-Meg, on the (gibberish) Indian war cry "ya! yaka yaka yaka" in "The
Dubliners"

"It's common sense." -Sam Freidman, asked why Paine's pamphlet (Common
Sense) had such widespread popularity

"Correction, dolphins will take over the world in a matter of years. And
giving them our Batman technology isn't going to help things." -Hisham,
learning that scientists taught dolphins how to sing the Batman theme song

"HD130948 is a star much like our own sun. Its parallax, according to
SIMBAD, is 55.73 mas. What is its distance in parsecs?" -Adam, asked what
he was thinking about

"I couldn't find him so I decided to look in the Pit, er, I mean the
student lounge." -Mr Davis

Remember to vote by 5 PM Friday, and for Benorlin's sake if you vote for
Mr. Davis say which quote. And subscribe to honorable mentions at
honorablementions-subscribe at qotw.net. Seriously.

Greta "a lesson learned but the damage is irreversible" Friar