[QOTW] Quote of the Week

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Oct 2 19:35:17 EDT 2005

Hey everyone,
Sorry this is getting out later than it should be. I just got back from a
debate (this happened the last time too, for some reason).  So here I am,
after spending far too much time last night trying to get more quotes.
Send more, people!  And, because I have nothing left to say, the winner of
last week is Stevie Smith, with his quote "Thucydides' [history of the
Peloponessian War] can help us understand the war between America and
Russia. America is like Athens: free, democratic, innovative. And Russia
is like Sparta: bad."  Congratulations. Right then.

And this week's quotes...

"They use rho, phi, theta? They're sick perverts."
-Professor Santos, on our [Penn's] Calculus textbook.

"In the event of technological catastrophe, do not use this cable as a noose"
- USB cable

" I was listening to this commercial for a generator on the radio, and it
said something like, "it's completely certain that in the future, a storm
will happen and the power will go out, so buy out generator." And I was
like, "that's the worst logic I've ever heard. I need to tell Mr.
Wharton." And then it hit me that Commonwealth had really started to sink
into my brain."
-Meg Short, on her slow indoctrination

"I think Jesus would be a pothead [if he were alive today]. What Would
Jesus Take?"
- Audrey Kim

"It's not my ability to say funny things; it's that I hang out with the
wrong people."
-Meg Short, on why she's never been quoted before

"I've always considered my butt to be the Paul Revere of my body: Ever
vigilant, always awake."
-Larry

"What more can I do? Besides invade, I mean. I'm not going to spend
Saturday night in a parking lot dressed in poofy pants."
Daisy Long, BB+N Junior, on why she isn't going to crash the BB+N
Homecoming dance dressed as a pirate.

"My boyfriend and I are going to be the White Stripes for Halloween. I
guess I'd better call him and tell him."
-Jane Gulick

"Two weeks ago, I didn't know who Plum Sykes was. And now? I know she's
buying a six hundred dollar bra."
-David Gulick, on what he's learned since he started working on a movie
about Vogue

"St. Georges is where all the beautiful people who don't go to normal
schools are."
-Juliana Horn, after hearing one of her friends describe her school

Vote, everyone.