[QOTW] [Fwd: QOTW 11/27/05]

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Nov 27 20:28:15 EST 2005

Subject: QOTW 11/27/05
Date:    Sun, November 27, 2005 6:36 pm
To:

From: "Quote of the Week" <qotw at qotw.net>
To: quoteoftheweek at qotw.net

Hey y’all!

I just finished tallying the votes, and I’m trying my hardest to avoid
starting my homework that I should have, by al rights, finished on Friday.
But, of course, what with my brother, Josiah, and his girlfriend Cindy,
and lots of random people showing up and hanging around the house, well,
it’s not like anyone actually expected me to finish it all.
Max. I figured out the answer to your question. Voting someone in second
place does not detract from the likelihood of your first place guy. In
other words, awesome. And it makes me think of those dancing Bulgarian
boys from the fourth Harry Potter movie. In other words, ridiculously
awesome, and twirling with flaming sticks of doom. And drums.
Anyway. This year’s thanksgiving? Rocked my socks. No near death
experiences for anyone. Remind me to tell you all about my close encounter
with brussel sprouts. Badness. And my dad invited a librarian home for
dinner. Last year it was monks. This year, we got an art history expert
whose entire family works at covering up alien encounters. Seriously. Then
again, maybe watching all of firefly, making caffeinated truffles and then
drinking lots of irish tea is making me see things. I really hope not,
otherwise you might question my quoter authority. Yup. I finally figured
out, three emails in, how to properly count the things. And naturally,
Harry won, with his brilliant economic insight-
I want to take poverty down. Come over here poverty, I've got candy.
Everyone likes my candy.
So here come/go this week’s quotes.
-

"God, you Americans are so PATHETIC!! In the winter of 62, we had thick
ice on the inside of the windows!" - Helen Palmer, Joanna’s mother, in
deadly earnest

  “You have two cats, so that's two blankets, and you have two cats, and
that's two more blankets, and you don't have any cats, but don't you
want a blanket anyway?”
- Lizzie Carey, trying to project figures for her cat blanket business

“Luna Lovegood is my dream girl.” - Ryan Morrow

“She pokes him with a fork. I tell her ‘Alison, get away!’ and then she
tells him she knows where he lives” – Cindy, describing her sister’s
relationship with her pet rabbit.

“He says none of it’s true, so it must be.” - Monica, on asking her
brother, an FBI agent, about alien visitations, and everything else that
appears in the X-Files.

  “I mock you with my profit margin.” - Andrea

“Christine came from the Philippines two years ago, and speaks perfect
English. If I went to the Philippines, I'd probably be shot.”
-Nolan, who does not explain why he would be shot, and thus confuses me,
your friendly quoter. Will someone elaborate?

“When life gives you lemons, tell life where to shove 'em!” -Will Sanna

“You can’t mock them. You like Star Trek. That’s just as weird.” –Karen
Wolf, my mom, explaining why I am not allowed to mock my RENT-Head
friends.

“No need for a bag. I’m opening this baby up as soon as I get home.
*cackles*”
– A mysterious looking woman at Cardullo’s, hefting a large bottle of what
appeared to be vinegar.

Vote! Preferably by 5 pm on Friday, but to be honest, I can't tell what
time you send them by, so just get it in before Saturday. Yup. Also? Sign
up for honorable mentions.
Ta!
-
Jenny “a mite whimsical in the brainpan” Oberholtzer