[QOTW] (no subject)

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sat Nov 5 22:38:06 EST 2005

Hey there y’all!

It’s me, your host, telling you what a fantabulous day I just had.
Yes. That’s right! I went and saw both Resident Evil movies in one
afternoon. I liked them. You wanna mess?
Yes. I thought they were well done, filled with insightful social and
political commentary, going up against corporate America, the corruption
in our most trusted non profits and social institutions, like churches and
schools, and hospitals, and proving, once again, that there is nothing so
dangerous as a pack of eleven year old girls. Especially when they’re
undead, and eat people.
Still, I do have one beef with the second one. So, this virus is infecting
the whole city, right? And the dogs are getting it, the people are
getting, even some random bunny gets it in a flashback. What about the
pigeons? Man. If zombies were attacking, I could handle that. But flocks
of undead, bloodthirsty pigeons? No frickin’ way!
Anywho. Back to the quotes. According to a reliable and non-easily
confused, non-distractible (oooh! Shiny buttons) and non-corruptible vote
counter (read, not me), the winner of last week’s mysteriously cool and
snazzy election was, get this, Hisham! Yes, the originator of that
beautiful phrase

"Correction, dolphins will take over the world in a matter of years. And
giving them our Batman technology isn't going to help things." On the evil
potential of dolphins who learn the Batman theme.

Congratulations ladies and gentleman. I agree with your collective
decision, which means I can permit democracy to continue for a bit longer
in this forum. Mr. Davis was a close second, with his also utterly
fantabulous moment of glory-  "I couldn't find him so I decided to look in
the Pit, er, I mean the student lounge” No. I don’t actually know to whom
he is referring. Don’t even ask.

This weeks quotes are:

'I got into a fight with Microsoft Excel today, and I lost.' -- Mr Traub

'Excuse me while I gyrate.' -- Will Sanna, on warm-ups for acting.

'Can we have some more fun? Yeah! Let's have some more fun!' -- Ms Paul,
in class.

'Shut up and bend over.' -- Andrea, to Will Sanna, spraying his hair black
for Halloween

"It'll scare off any rapists." -- Garth, explaining to Molly why she
should wear a flashing clown-nose when she goes running at night

Michael Harris-- "Jesus Christ!"
Dustin Hadden-- "Yes?"

“Wouldn’t most vegans have a moral objection to it? I mean, it is flavored
like human flesh. Of course, the ones you know might not mind that.”-- My
father, Edward, on Hufu, the human-flavor tofu product

“They’re scented markers. That one’s puke.” –- Sam Freeman, on dry erase
markers.

"So... quote of the week is a verb now? How do you conjugate that?"
--Michael Behr

“For best results, use other side” –- the back of a watch.

vote and sign up for honorable mentions. If you don't sign up for
honorable mentions, you will miss a beautiful rambling quote from a
potentially drunken engineering student, and I know you don't want to do
that. Also? Vote. Just do that, and I can keep a tight hold on my zombie
pigeons. Otherwise? No guarantees.

hugs and bubbles and undead pigeons!

-Jenny “It’s nothing personal, but I say we take care of the zombies while
we still can. And before that friend of yours tries to eat my shoulder.
Dang.” Oberholtzer