[QOTW] (no subject)

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Mon Mar 7 00:19:56 EST 2005

I apologize heavily for the tardiness of this email, which doesn't make it
better.  If it helps any, I was barely awake, and probably attempting to
sing in French, ("attempting" being the key word there) when the 10:00
Sunday morning deadline came around. (cast party.  woo.)

Last week's winner, by a landslide, was the lovely Ms. Jackman: "What
other information for carbon-dating something?  Say you found my body and
you wanted to date it somehow... Oh God, that came out wrong."

As always, vote on this week's quotes with a simple reply to this email.
Due to the Instant Runoff system employed by QOTW but not the United
States, your second choice actually does matter!  Also, potentially, your
third, fourth, and fifth choices, so be sure to keep it democratic by
including all your preferences.

Anyhoo, onto this week's nominees:

"I'm too slothful to be gluttonous.  My sins are working against each
other." - Julian Hyde

"No, I'm not shaking my head.  I am not.  I am not!" - Mr. Sherry, shaking
his head

"I think I'll go into my room and watch Sex And The City and eat ice
cream.  I'll cry a little bit, relate to the characters, and weep some
masculine tears of man." - Norris Wong

"'Good job Vergil. A+!' Oh, wait, this is Commonwealth.  'Some good
points. B+'" - Mr. Conolly, commenting on a phrase in the Aeneid

"Well, one time in Mr. Davis' class they had to leave English to have some
weird conversation. And they came back all flushed and panty and all like,
'we proved that nothing exists'. Intellectual make-out session I say." -
Roswell Thomas

"Nobody says anything witty in the Midwest." - Ms. Nulty

"We're sexy!  Because all Quakers are sexy beasts!" - Alice Kaufman

(In a British accent)"In America you have this weird tradition of
beginning debate rounds by thanking your partner, so I'd like to say
thanks to my partner too.  Too bad you couldn't make the top 20 speakers."
- The Princeton tournament's top speaker, from Oxford, accepting his
bronze tiger during the awards ceremony

"No, you cannot call me Papa Calculus." - Mr. Riahi

"I'm not a nerd.  I have friends!" - Sarah Gulick

Sign up for Honorable Mentions, and remember that voting ends by 5:00 PM
Friday.  Don't be like me; do things on time.  Adios!

  -Tanner "You know I was meant to be a disco diva" Tillotson