[QOTW] Quote of the Year 2004-2005, Round 3

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Jun 19 00:02:11 EDT 2005

QOTW Members:

Last week's winner was "A graduation speech is like ice cream--a tasteful
combination of mush and not mush." -Liz Weisman.  Congratulations to Liz
Weisman, who, as this QOTW victory further indicates, is the finest human
being ever to set foot on this humble brown earth.

This is one of those "Quote of the Year" emails.  It features the winners
from the previous thirteen weeks, gathered all together like a Pantheon of
Wit.  Vote as you would in any other week (by listing your favorite quotes
in order).  The top four vote-getters will advance to next week's ultimate
Quote of the Year Championship Round.  And do you know what the winner of
THAT round gets?  That's right: the prestigious Quote of the Year award,
which brings along with it a fabulous cash prize, the admiration of your
classmates and peers, a trip to Maui, the adoration of a thousand
beautiful women, and the Key to the City.

Suffice it to say that there's quite a bit at stake.  So vote, vote, vote
for your favorite quote!

The Quote of the Year Semifinalists:

"No, you cannot call me Papa Calculus." -Mr. Riahi

"Darwin's Deli: The Natural Selection." -Deli awning in London

"The best sources, I've found, are adolescent girls in love.  Their memory
is just incredible.  'He was wearing this, he said this...'" - Adrien
Leblanc, journalist

"Your eighteenth birthday is a momentous occasion: you're finally allowed
to buy votes and smoke pornography." -Becca Thal's dad

"Mr. Sherry's quizzes put the 'Eek!' in economics." -Hilary Johnson

"What will happen will be this large class moving through the school, the
way I see it, like a rat moves through a snake." -Mr. Wharton, on the
incoming freshmen class

"You know what College Board is? They're trolls under the bridge to success."
-Harry Alper

"It's warm because of my love for English, not because I just printed it."
-Ben Copans, handing in an English essay

"There are two things that I'm proud of.  One is that I'm able to drive
from Long Island to New York City in 40 minutes.  The other is that I was
the first winner of Killer." -Mr. Conolly

"I like my men like I like my coffee: strong and black. Oh, wait..." -
Hilary Johnson, on dating Ben Orlin

"I wish I were a snowflake, I wish I were a raindrop, I wish I were a
green leaf, swaying in the wind..." -Mr. Riahi, trying to get Kate Alper's
attention in class

"I take things out of my pockets to learn more about myself." -Norris
Wong, soul-searching

"A graduation speech is like ice cream--a tasteful combination of mush and
not mush." -Liz Weisman

Voting closes at 5:00 pm on Friday.  But why wait until then?  Vote right
now, you silly goose.

-Ben "basic funding for the mathematical sciences" Orlin