[QOTW] QOTY

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sat Dec 24 23:16:16 EST 2005

Dear QOTWers,

     Believe it or not, we've made it to round one of Quote of Year.
That's right, we're taking some quality time to remember the QOTW
glories of the last few months. Vote for your favorites, as with any other
week, and four of the following quotes will move on to the next round.
    Our first nominee is last week's winner:

 "Amorphous, well-hydrated, made in the USA, maple-glazed, and
exponential" -Evan McGonagill, asked by Dartmouth to describe herself with
five adjectives

And the others:

'It's a red shirt, which as a Trekkie I'm slightly afraid
of wearing. If I wind up dyng at the beginning of the episode to establish
the threat, know that my last thoughts were of you.' -Alex George, to
Joanna Rifkin

"I want to take poverty down. Come over here poverty, I've got candy.
Everyone likes my candy." -Harry Alper

'No need for a bag. I'm opening this baby up as soon as I get home.
*cackles*' -- A mysterious-looking woman at Cardullo's, hefting a large
bottle of what appeared to be vinegar

"You're going to fall in love with someone. They're going to die.
You're going to die. Your kitten's going to die." -Ms. Grant

"Correction, dolphins will take over the world in a matter of years. And
giving them our Batman technology isn't going to help things." -Hisham on
the evil potential of dolphins who learn the Batman theme.

'There comes a point as a ceramics teacher when you just get tired of pot
jokes.'-Jean

"[In the books I read at your age] as far as I could tell,
sex hadn't even been invented. It was left to my generation to do so so
you could reap the benefits. Please make sure to thank us." -Ben Lieber,
Amherst Dean of Students

'Sudden inexplicable darkness, one thousand feet.'-Ms Grant (reading a
roadsign partially covered by black plastic)

"You know how when you are physically tired you don't want to exercise,
and when you are mentally tired you don't want to think? Well I'm socially
tired, I don't want to pretend to be interesting." -Alex, NSHS student

'When is this damn thing over?' -- Mr Davis, four minutes before the end
of his own class

"It's kind of obvious that Satan would have been angry at God
for throwing him down from heaven, isn't it? I mean, it's not as if it was
a nice flight. 'Thank you for flying Infernal Airways. Please fall from
God's graces again with us soon!'" -Andrea

QOTW will take a vacation next week so you have two weeks to get in your
votes for QOTY round 1. Remember: vote by 5 PM (next) Friday. On an added
note: if you feel that any quote from after last QOTY (a summer quote for
example) that is not in this email deserves to be QOTY, you may submit the
full quote on your ballot (as the person counting the votes, I feel
justified in adding this complication for the counter).

-Greta "please don't list all 30 quotes just to make me miserable" Friar