[QOTW] QotW 11 December 2005

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Dec 11 10:35:55 EST 2005

Dearest darling QotWers,

I'm writing this e-mail from school, where we have been stuck since the
blizzard started during seventh period on Friday. One of the teachers
ventured outside for help Friday evening, but was swallowed up by the
storm and hasn't been seen since. We've already eaten what supplies were
in the kitchen--library cards are very useful lockpicks--and the freshmen
are currently holding a lottery to see which one of them we're having for
dinner. Oh, God; I can hear them coming...

This portion of the QotW e-mail was brought to you by the letter 'S' and
the New Blair Witch Project.

Because New York had no Internet last Sunday, there was no QotW e-mail.
Alas! (Barbarians.) But here's the winning quote anyway:

'No need for a bag. I'm opening this baby up as soon as I get home.
*cackles*' -- A mysterious-looking woman at Cardullo's, hefting a large
bottle of what appeared to be vinegar.

Thank you, mysterious-looking woman at Cardullo's. And now, the nomininnies!

'Dry cleaning is more economical than marriage.' -- David German

'That's me. A piece of toast with a head.' -- Ms Paul, drawing a free-body
diagram

'It's like those commercials on TV. Kids do drugs when they have too much
free time. Larry does birdwatching.' -- Symone

'I'm not power hungry, I'm just hungry in general.' -- Evan McGonagill,
trying to manipulate Alex Grant into giving her brownies

'Whoever smells like cheese needs to change that. Now.' -- Misha, in the
Darthmouth Lobby

'So, really, it's all Virginia, all the time...except for John Adams.' --
Ms Rome, on the early presidents

'It's a red shirt, which as a Trekkie I'm slightly afraid of wearing. If I
wind up dyng at the beginning of the episode to establish the threat, know
 that my last thoughts were of you.' -- Alex George, to Joanna Rifkin (In
Star Trek, an unfamiliar red-shirted ensign often appears only long enough
to die and establish the threat.)

'Can we push something other than boxes? Like cripples?' -- Sarah
Schofield, in Funds

'Why does it have a nipple?' -- Emma Van Pelt, watching Ms Paul draw a
diagram of the Earth

'God text-messaged it to me.' -- Ms Paul, on the Funds syllabus

Vote ye by 5 PM this Friday! Oh, and hey, it looks as if the 'submit
quotes' form on www.qotw.net is working now, so you have no excuse for not
submitting quotes. If you haven't yet subscribed to the Honourable
Mentions list, do so by sending an e-mail to
honorablementions-subscribe at qotw.net. You know you want to.

>From the snowy Vancouverian Yukon, out.

-- Andrea 'morality tale about the evils of sake' Lam