[QOTW] Quote of the Week, April 3, 2005

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sun Apr 3 10:11:30 EDT 2005

Sup y'all? Happy April! April's the best month ever, and not just because
my birthday's in 3 weeks, but becauuuuuse....hey! Look! ....A pony!
Anyway. Back to business. Last week's winner was "Darwin's Deli: The
Natural Selection," as seen on a Deli awning in London. The winner was
closely followed by Harry Alper's quotation, "I'm assuming you mean
strapless, not topless.  This is your graduation, not Hancock!" This past
week was a pretty big one for us seniors, with all the college
notifications floating in, or being uploaded to the Internet in some cases
(teh Internets 0wnZ j00). . . but most of these quotes were mouse-selected
to take the topic-which-shall-not-be-named off our minds.

You're probably already signed up to receive the Honorable Mentions
e-mail. If not, just send an e-mail to
honorablementions-subscribe at qotw.net.

This week's nominees (voting instructions at
http://www.qotw.net/~qotw/howtovote.html):

* "The best sources, I've found, are adolescent girls in love.  Their
memory is just incredible.  'He was wearing this, he said this...'" -
Adrien Leblanc, journalist

* "There is, in the real world, that notion of senioritis which says, 'Now
that you no longer have to suck up to this place, you can show it how much
you hate it.'" - Mr. Whelan

* "Yes, I was being sarcastic.  Did you think I would say 'Did you get
smoochy-smoochy?' in seriousness?" - Josh Haselkorn

* "Every few million years it seems that mother nature likes to do a little
housecleaning." - Mr. Racioppi, on mass extinctions

* "There was one guy who had a bone in his nose and a black T-shirt that
said, 'Shit happens.'  I'm sure he had no idea what it said." - Mr.
Sherry,
on visiting a village in Papua New Guinea that had no outside contact
until 1960

* "Will Porter just invited me to help him bake a Happy ReBirthday cake for
Jesus." - Jenn Orlin, on Easter

* "What fuels a fire? Oxygen! What puts out a fire? Carbon dioxide! Well,
what fuels a human being? What puts out a human being?" - Rebecca Thomas,
lab instructor at Smith, on why they don't use fire extinguishers on
classmates

* "...and it definitely wasn't from Aladdin.  Or Alladin.  Or however
Disney feels like they want to transliterate an Arabic name this week." -
Ben Miller

* "There were street children with black hands who'd ask me for money, and
I'd give them plastic cows.  They laughed and looked happy.  If they'd
been a littleolder they probably would have flipped me off." - Roswell
Thomas, on his time in Mongolia

* "Teen boys gone wild in Shanghai! This Oriental Pearl has no shirt on!
I'd like dim sum of those steamed buns!" - Max Cohen's take on spring
break in China

And remember to set your clocks....forward?...because it's Daylight's
something-or-other Time, I think. Actually, don't listen to me.

- Hilary “grande caramel frappuccino with whip and extra caramel sauce”
Johnson