[QOTW] Quote of the Week Sunday September 26, 2004

Quote of the Week qotw at qotw.net
Sat Sep 25 22:33:07 EDT 2004

To all who have bothered,
It's so nice to know that instead of the Sunday comics you, wonderful
readers, have opened up your e-mail to check for your weekly dose of Quote
of the Week. Before I proceed, I should preface this e-mail by telling you
that I cut my hair, donating 13 inches to Locks of Love, and so it might
offer some explanation to one of the quotes here and a few of the quotes
in the Honorable Mentions, or which there are a great many worthwhile ones
this week (to sign up for honorable mentions, send an e-mail to
honorablementions-subscribe at qotw.net). Last week's winner was the
anonymous MBTA conductor saying: "Please move in to the car people. There
is plenty of room if you push and shove." We thank you for your
contribution to Quote of the Week history.

And the nominees are:

“It's harder to get into Brown early decision because you don't just need
to have good grades. You have to be an interesting person. Another reason
for you to apply to Yale instead!” - Cameron to Josh

"If you don't have work in progress when you are a writer, then you are
not a writer, you are a bum." - Terry Pratchett, during his WorldCon Guest
of Honor speech

“How dare you touch my hair, you traitor!” – Maddy Laupheimer

“Your cup runneth over.” – Becky, on Olivia’s bosom in her bikini top.

“I think I’m going to have to perform some sort of linguistic smack-down
for that.” – Andrea after I pronounced Haemon “hey-mon”

“Sometimes there’s a blurry line between good and bad, but there wasn’t
there. It was bad. You just don’t rape someone with candy corn, there’s no
issue of morality!” – Orlin

“I don’t need to be footnoted, I’m self-explanatory.”- Julian

“I think organized religion is a little creepy.” – Bess

“Your [vocal] chords are only as good as the support system behind them.
In other words, it’s all about the belly.” – Lora Tamagini, my voice
teacher

“I have been working on one particular integral for the past two weeks and
I cannot solve it. Well no, I can solve it but using the gamma
substitution and
it’s like you see a fly on the wall and kill it with a
bazooka.” – Mr. Riahi

And since you've bothered to read up to here, you might as well bother
again, taking 5 minutes out of your squandered life to redeem yourself and
vote!

Micheline "the roasted martyr" Heal